PDA

View Full Version : Have you started your back to school shopping yet?

iloveflipflops
08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Of course, with Emily going off to college in 5 days, we haven't stopped!! LOL

Nicholas just gave me his CCS catalog (skateboarding catalog) and picked out 1 pair of shoes and 3 tshirts and says he is "done with school shopping". What? How can that be????

Emily is taking EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink with her. We have the whole spare bedroom getting packed up and ready to go. Geez, she has ALOT of clothes. I keep telling her she is only 2 hours away, she can come home on weekends and get different clothes! HA HA

Her roommate is taking a 5 day vacation the 2nd week of college. Can one do that and miss that many days??? Her family plans a trip to Maine every year and she is going with them. She has already asked Emily to take her to the airport and pick her up. I told Emily to get used to it because I am sure she will be flying home every so often (to NH). Emily will be all alone for those 5 days but she is already saying she is coming home that weekend so she will just be alone Wed and Thurs of that week. I told her I would love it but ... she's not me!!

Ok now that I have rambled on and on, I better go keep packing her up.

Spartymom
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
You are busy! I have bought school supplies> They were super cheap when I got them. We are talking notepads and glue and pens.

The girls also got new shoes. That's all. I'm waiting till Sept. to clothes shop.

jazzypurple853
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I have gotten some school supplies, like pens, glue etc. Need to get more. Haven't even started clothes shopping yet. Hoping for some great sales.

teabear
08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Kyle's in the same boat as Nicholas. He has a new pair of shoes, and that's all he wants. I almost had to twist his arm to get those. We did buy him new clothes in the late spring when he grew out of everything again. I picked up some notebook paper, pens, and pencils yesterday. He wants to use the same backpack. I got off easy this year until he grows again.

hutchink
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
The boys only want new shoes...and then the supplies on their list! Which we are doing on tomorrow! Thank heavens for little boys! SMILE!

Lori
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I only need to get the Grandmonster his new basketball shoes. And whatever school supplies the teacher surprises me with. His Dad and Mom were a lot of help this year.

suzi_f
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Notebooks, pens & pencils are purchased. Nick has everything he needs but could use another pair of khakis & will need basketball shorts & shoes when BB season starts. Becca has everything she "needs". Could ALWAYS use more. LOL I bought her $100 VB shoes last night. Either I have sucker tattooed on my forehead or she will be the SPIKE QUEEN this year. LOL

My3Ds
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Haven't started. Boys are easy. I'm dragging my feet, you know me.

KarenM
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Boy, school starts early in the South. The Georgia schools started the first week of August and the TN schools started yesterday so all our Back-to-school sales start in July. We had a tax free weekend this past weekend so all school supplies, computers and clothing had no sales tax. That really helps since our sales tax is 9.25%. I bought my son some clothes but he doesn't really need any other supplies.