PDA

View Full Version : Ink Pads

Patty
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
How do you store your ink pads? and do you keep them upside down? I have a ton of 'em, all diff colors. Some of them are getting dry and I'm not sure I need all those colors. What colors do you have? do you use?
Do you reink or replace? :worried:

Paula Carden
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I do store mine upside down just because several years ago I was told that was best but I have read since then it doesn't help.
I also reink some of the ones I use the most-like momento black, encore gold etc...depends on the shape of the pad too.

teabear
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I have reinkers for my distress inks and black stazon since they both get tons of use. I don't store mine any special way, just stacked up right side up. From what I hear with the new stamp pads it doesn't matter if you store them upside down. I have every color of ink made I think. LOL, love my ink.

kerry
08-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I think I have small pads of every color ever made! I store mine upside down and I think it does help keep the ink at the top of the pad. I also store my "sticky" ink pads like versafine and brilliance and embossing inks in zip loc type bags in a plastic container to help them last and stay sticky.

Kerry

dancing queen
08-24-2010, 11:11 PM
I store all of my ink pads upside down... I figure it can't hurt. Love, love, love all of my ink pads.

Christie
08-24-2010, 11:15 PM
i store mine upside down in a drawer. i have tons of them and most of them i never use. i never reink i just buy new ones.

Lori
08-25-2010, 07:34 AM
I store my dye inks upside down. My pigment inks right side up. Stazon inkpads are upside down.

I reink everything! I don't buy an inkpad, without a reinker.

shadoob
08-25-2010, 08:28 AM
I just had this image (you are about to have confirmation that I'm immature and nuts) ..every time I check an ink pad, I do it with a finger ..so what if we all got into our bathing suits (or shorts) and then dabbed all of our ink pads somewhere on US and then we would be so happily colorful AND we would know which ink pads were ready for reinking.....OK, I'll go back to my corner now....

ccstampin12
08-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Cheryl!
WHAT????
That is a vision I'm going to try to get out of my head ASAP!!!
Colorful me in a bathing suit?
yikes!
To answer the question:
I store most rightside up. I used to store them upside down, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Of course, the SU! inks are upside down by design.
I do have reinkers for Memento Black, Versafine Black, and Staz-On Black.
I have a couple of craft reinkers from SU! also, but have never used them.
Joanie

mahodgman
08-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Most of my stamp pads are up-side-down because I mostly have SU ones. I keep them all in a SU color caddy so they are handy. I need to get in the habbit of buying a reinker whenever I buy a pad. Right now, I have very few reinkers. Oh boy, something else to start collecting.

jazzypurple853
08-25-2010, 12:27 PM
My large black ink pads are in a seperate from the larger sized colored ink pads. I find it easier that way for me, since I stamp mostly in black. I too must admit have lots of ink pads that haven't even seen paper yet. I should really do something about that. I also have lots of cat's eyes, since they are easier to store in a seperate container. It's easier to grab them that way when I'm working.

shuggy
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
never really thought about it. i have mostly su, so they are upside down by design. but my versafine and distress inks, i just throw in a drawer, so i guess they are right side up!

Paula Carden
08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I just had this image (you are about to have confirmation that I'm immature and nuts) ..every time I check an ink pad, I do it with a finger ..so what if we all got into our bathing suits (or shorts) and then dabbed all of our ink pads somewhere on US and then we would be so happily colorful AND we would know which ink pads were ready for reinking.....OK, I'll go back to my corner now....

FUNNY! I think there is help for us-somewhere!?!?

Patty
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
hmmm, I never thought of the plastic ziplock idea. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who stores upside down, and I'm not sure that helps anyway.

Chris Miller
08-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I also have mostly Stampin' Up! pads so they are stored upside down. I use a great wood ink holder that I found on ebay years ago.

I always re-ink my pads. I never realize how much they needed re-inking until after I have done it so I am trying to remember to re-ink them more often. They seem to fade over time and you just don't realize it.

JBgreendawn
08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Little ones ( cat's eyes ) are in this basket thingy..
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aZEWaimj8b4/SzmWRY9NTeI/AAAAAAAAHiY/1Q_3dkohiaI/s1600-h/inkbuckets+JBgreendawn.jpg

normal pads are on the wall:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1710136?&cat=11841

I have a few of those full sized pads that are curved? (some kind of pigment i never use and some stazon and a couple full sized colorbox fluid chalks that do not fit into the holes of the casette holder on the wall so they are hanging inside an home depot guy organizer thingy that is bolted to the inside of the back closet door.

I don't have a photo for that though.

scrubbybubbles
08-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi patty. :)
I store my ink pads in a turnstyle caddy that I bought off of ebay. I LOVE IT! and I keep them upside down.

Patty
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi patty. :)
I store my ink pads in a turnstyle caddy that I bought off of ebay. I LOVE IT! and I keep them upside down.

I love that little box. I just might have to copy it!!! Thanks for giving me the idea.

Patty
08-26-2010, 10:06 PM
[quote=JBgreendawn;368751]Little ones ( cat's eyes ) are in this basket thingy..
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aZEWaimj8b4/SzmWRY9NTeI/AAAAAAAAHiY/1Q_3dkohiaI/s1600-h/inkbuckets+JBgreendawn.jpg

I have a few of those full sized pads that are curved? (some kind of pigment i never use and some stazon and a couple full sized colorbox fluid chalks that do not fit into the holes of the casette holder on the wall so they are hanging inside an home depot guy organizer thingy that is bolted to the inside of the back closet door.

OMG..I have one rack like the ones you have your pads in. I got mine at Goodwill years ago. It is very old. My problem with mine is the slots are so deep and the little dividers don't go all the way back. I can't find anything to put in there to keep the pads from falling through. The back is so nicely finished off and it is so old I don't want to take it apart. BUT I LOVE THE RACK. Don't you??

Lori
08-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I use the cassette tape holders too. Only the cats eye type pad might fall through. All my other, including the distress inks stay put. I have three of them...full. Plus a turntable type thing...full.

JBgreendawn
08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Patty, my cassette tape holders on the wall are tight for most regular sized pads. ( love these, were garage sale finds one was a whole dollar the other was 2...) but, i have an 8 track holder too ( think its in the closet at the moment) that i got for holding those red sizzix dies... and its bigger... and that the pads would flop out of it I'd guess?

Patty
08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
hmmm, I guess I gotta go back to tag sales and goodwills again. You just never know!! Thanks for the idea!!!

JBgreendawn
08-29-2010, 10:04 AM
oh i go to yardsales pretty much every saturday am when the weather's nice and there are some... alot of what is storage in my space came from that. :) ( I like old stuff anyways though) yesterday i found a tiny table top 45 lp holder rack thing... ( no idea what i am gonna put into it yet, but it was only 1.50 and it was PINK so, it had to be rescued. :nod:

Patty
08-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I know what you mean, Stacy. I love things like that. I bought a small cd holder for my ums and after I loaded it, I realized I need 10 or 20 more. So now I'm getting rid of the little rack I thought was so cool and now I can't use it. I think I just love the art of purchasing. Good think it was only about $2.

limeyscrapper
08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I love a bargain too, and I am a frequent customer at our Goodwill store.
Last week I was looking for another CD holder, and I remember that there are always lots of those at Goodwill. So I drove over there and found a CD holder that was perfect for the spot I had in mind. It cost me $3, and I also found a leather jacket in my size, looks almost new for $9.99.
When I got to the checkout, I found that i qualified for the "Seniors" discount, so I got another 15% off, my bill came to $11.04

Catherine Pooler
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I too, have all Stampin' Up ink pads, which are stored upside down when they are right side up!
Most of the time you don't have to re-ink them for years...but from time to time they come from the factory not quite as juicy. So I usually get the re-inkers at the same time.

Patty
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Little ones ( cat's eyes ) are in this basket thingy..

I don't have a photo for that though.

I love that wall thingy you have, and I'm gonna go to Home Depot to check out what they have. I need something that hangs...can't stand digging through the boxes they are all in!!!!