PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how to do this mirror technique?

iloveflipflops
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
This is not my card but I just love it. I think she used a sheet of acetate but I have no idea how she did this.

Thanks.

Victorianrose
01-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Sherri,
I know that "stampcrazymom" and Ms Lis did this technique back in Novemeber at PCMB. I tried to locate the thread that it explained it but to no avail :( .
It is a really cool technique and I would like to try it sometime myself. Sorry not much help.
Debbie

mahodgman
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I want to know too. Can anyone help?

craft a latte
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
designed to do this from a store called Stampa Barbara.
It is a big solid rectangle stamp. 1st you ink your image then you stamp it on the solid rectangle finally you use the rectangle to stamp and the image will be reversed. I have a stamp very similar to the example you posted. I just might have to revisit this technique.

Sabrina

ps. I just pulled out that stamp had LOL the name of it is Flip Flop Block:D

patg
01-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi Sherri

Another way to do this is to stamp your image on your cardstock and then re-stamp it on clear acetate. Flip it over and adhere.

Does that make sense?
Pat

toao
01-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Probably with a Brayer Sherri. You can lay your stamp down facing up after you've inked it, then gently roll your brayer across it, and then brayer the image in reverse.

Mary

kerry
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Just as Pat said...Stamp your image on white cardstock, color the image, then stamp on acetate, flip it over to make it a reverse image and then apply it so the image "reflects" like a water reflection.

EASY! Try it! You can do it! I know you can.

Kerry

brunosmom
01-13-2007, 03:36 PM
We did a similar mirrored image at stamp club a couple of months back using a brayer, and it was super easy. Stamp your image. Then re-ink your stamp, lay it down inked side up. Run the brayer over it once. Take the stamped paper, rotate it so the image is upside down, then run the brayer over your cardstock close to your original image. Our example was a group of trees. I saw this same example and wanted to try it. The only problem would be if the brayer surface is not large enough to accomodate the image in one revolution. Does that make sense? It was super easy and looked cool. I hope it works with this image (I'm going to try it later!)

countrycowgirl
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
If you use a solvent based ink on the acetate you can stamp the image flip and reverse it and rub the ink onto the card from the acetate. It gives a less defined image and no acetate on your card.

Christie
01-21-2007, 12:36 PM
If you use a solvent based ink on the acetate you can stamp the image flip and reverse it and rub the ink onto the card from the acetate. It gives a less defined image and no acetate on your card.

I like this idea! I think I will have to try it also!

scrapsoon
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
i know its an old ..euh...topic.
but what i know to do mirror stamping is on a tissue.
you take the top layer of the tissue.
then you stamp on it,turn around and stamp again.
with some glue you place it on a white card and cut it in the size you want.
Then carefully you collor the stamp.