PDA

View Full Version : Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

Desert Stamper
10-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I haven't checked in for a while, and shock - the Shack has been "redecorated"!

I went on a vacation with my sister for two weeks, then came home and had hip replacement surgery two days later. (All went well.) So, I'm finally home and getting back on line to play catch up. I'm so glad I sent out the last swaps I was signed up for way early, since I can't find them any more here at the Shack! Hostesses, I hope you received my calendar coasters (March) and colors of fall ATCs.

Now, I've got to figure out how I can craft and stuff when I'm not allowed to sit up straight with my hip bent at a right angle, as with any chair at a desk or table. Oh, this will be a challenging few weeks... And worst of all, next weekend is the stamping expo and I don't see how I can go! Whining and stamp-deprived, Joan

Far North
10-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Joan sorry to hear you are laid up for a while but so glad the surgery went well for you!
Take care! Hugs!

RubberLady603
10-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Good to see you back and on the mend. You need to find you a "stamp sympathetic" doctor to figure out how to get you to the expo! LOL

Paula Carden
10-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh Joan- Glad to hear you are on the mend!! Maybe you can figure out how to stamp while you are recouping-hope so- it will make the time go faster.

shuggy
10-04-2010, 08:18 AM
glad your surgery went ok!! yes, calendars are here!

cindi
10-04-2010, 09:34 AM
well you didn't miss much here, we were down most of that time. I';m glad you had a successful surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery! can you stamp standing up?

teabear
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Nice to see you Joan. I hope your good as new before you know it.

paperprintss
10-04-2010, 11:06 PM
The Shack is back, I thought it was a gonner but The Shack came back!!!

ccstampin12
10-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi, Joan,
Glad you are recovering from your hip surgery.
Can you stand to stamp? That would be my suggestion if you can do that!!!!
Then, I'd take a lap desk to my lounge chair and color the images.
Hope you are back to your normal way of doing things very soon!
Joanie

Desert Stamper
10-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. It's been just over a week and I am amazed at how good I feel already! Walking all around, up and down the stairs, light chores. Started physical therapy and my sitting options are better than they were at first. I'm probably going to start short crafting sessions in the next day or so and I won't have to do it standing up after all! Right now the big deal is cabin fever - I won't be able to drive for weeks yet. Maybe DH will take me on an outing this weekend - to a craft store, of course! Now, I think maybe I'll go through my uploads folder and post stuff; I haven't put any of my stuff in the gallery for months...

Mrs. Fence
10-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Glad you have a positive attitude and are recovering nicely. Hope you get your stamping dilemma solved soon!

lakeslady
10-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Joan sending you lots of positive thoughts for a quick and successful healing. Take care of yourself. Lots of hugs heading your way.