PDA

View Full Version : wow, it's so quiet here right now..

cindi
10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
what is everyone up to? I am working on Sherri's atc's due the end of the month. and in an hour or so I'm going to slide some pizzas in the oven.
:spinny:

tesschap
10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
We took our water skiing boat to storage this morning and now I'm working on a portion of our basement while Gary and Drew are splitting wood. My goal today is to organize boxes that belong to each of the boys so they can stop by one night this week and either take the goods home or give us the thumbs up to get rid of. I want to have this completed by December 1st, which sounds like a long time off but there is 26 years of STUFF in the basement that needs to be gone through before we tackle the attic and all of the bedroom closets. Once I'm done with all of it and the rooms are freshly painted (which Katie is tackling one room per week) our house can go on the market. No stamping time or internet time for me today ;o(

ccstampin12
10-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been doing pretty much nothing.
Watching some programs I saved on our DVR.
I did cut out 60 teapots times 2 for Christmas Tea. I cut patterned paper for the fronts and cardstock for the backs...Then I made the labels.
All I have to do now is glue them together and get the labels on.
I think one of my friends wants to help with them, but I was afraid I might not feel like using my Sizzix with the eye issues.
That's it for me!
Pretty day, but windy, so stayed in so the wind didn't aggravate my infection!
geez....just do this and get it over with!
LOL
joanie

maxiesmom
10-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I've been doing pretty much nothing.
Watching some programs I saved on our DVR.
I did cut out 60 teapots times 2 for Christmas Tea. I cut patterned paper for the fronts and cardstock for the backs...Then I made the labels.
joanie

Geez Joanie, you did "nothing" yet you've cut our 60 teapots x 2 with an eye infection? That is a whole lot of cutting, my friend! I think you earned the right to take it easy now!

cindi
10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
holy cow, Joanie..I think you've done more than me & I worked this morning!

milmogando
10-09-2010, 05:50 PM
i just got out of bed! my 2 year old stood next to the bed for about 10 minutes saying 'get up mummy' before i finally gave in! now cup of tea time!

shuggy
10-09-2010, 05:54 PM
i've been getting stuff ready for my card party tomorrow. i remember why i don't do this that often!! next time it will only be 5 cards...

iloveflipflops
10-09-2010, 06:24 PM
We just got home from Nicholas' soccer game where they tied 1-1. Nicholas scored a goal so that was exciting! It was 83 degrees today so I got some sunburn on my legs.

I'm waiting for Ms Emily to come home. I am making chicken fahitas for dinner and she's due here in about 30 minutes. 3 of her ZTA sisters are coming here around 9 tonight and they are all going to the Charlotte Panthers game tomorrow to hand out pink ribbons so it will be a quick trip for her. She will be back on Wed for their short Fall break. She was going to NH but has decided just to come home instead so I'm glad about that.

coco_kitty
10-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Just got back from taking my dad shopping. Gearing myself to work on some projects:)

RubberLady603
10-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a boatload of company for the fairs!! Just snuck in for a quick peek at you all. Everyone sounds really busy!

cindi
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I have a boatload of company for the fairs!! Just snuck in for a quick peek at you all. Everyone sounds really busy!

are you going to the fryburg fair?
:)

Lori
10-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I wasted today. I worked last night, had three calls back to back, never dropped into bed until after 4 AM. 24 hour shifts are not my thing! Hoping tomorrow I have more get up and go!

cindi
10-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I wasted today. I worked last night, had three calls back to back, never dropped into bed until after 4 AM. 24 hour shifts are not my thing! Hoping tomorrow I have more get up and go!

wow, that is rough!! I hope you get all rested up

MidwestStamper
10-09-2010, 09:11 PM
We are having extra warm temps here--in the 80's yesterday and today. But so lovely with the fall colors at their peak!

DH and I spent yesterday and today down in the Mississippi River Valley area, where the bluffs are covered with multi-colored trees. There's one area where the Mississippi River widens out to a huge lake called Lake Pepin--we walked abit there last night as the sun was setting.

Mainly we were in the town of Redwing--which is a hilly, quaint town with lots of fun shops and old buildings. Yesterday we took a Trolley ride/tour around town and ate in the old Redwing Pottery Mill. Redwing is also known for their Redwing shoes--lots of history in this town.

Today was a big Art Fair in Redwing, so we walked through town for almost 2 hours. Saw some amazing art--everything from unique styles of painting, photography, weaving, pottery, stained glass creations, hats, shawls, tablecloths, bird houses, wood and stone creations for your lawn--each booth was so interesting!

Then we came home and sorted some stuff over at my brother's house and ended up taking a van load of boxes of books over to my Mom's house--to store there until we can decide what to do with them! We have given away thousands of books and STILL have some. We're giving away 6 more boxes tomorrow--and there's all the ones that we might want to keep for ourselves!

cindi
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
We are having extra warm temps here--in the 80's yesterday and today. But so lovely with the fall colors at their peak!

DH and I spent yesterday and today down in the Mississippi River Valley area, where the bluffs are covered with multi-colored trees. There's one area where the Mississippi River widens out to a huge lake called Lake Pepin--we walked abit there last night as the sun was setting.

Mainly we were in the town of Redwing--which is a hilly, quaint town with lots of fun shops and old buildings. Yesterday we took a Trolley ride/tour around town and ate in the old Redwing Pottery Mill. Redwing is also known for their Redwing shoes--lots of history in this town.

Today was a big Art Fair in Redwing, so we walked through town for almost 2 hours. Saw some amazing art--everything from unique styles of painting, photography, weaving, pottery, stained glass creations, hats, shawls, tablecloths, bird houses, wood and stone creations for your lawn--each booth was so interesting!

Then we came home and sorted some stuff over at my brother's house and ended up taking a van load of boxes of books over to my Mom's house--to store there until we can decide what to do with them! We have given away thousands of books and STILL have some. We're giving away 6 more boxes tomorrow--and there's all the ones that we might want to keep for ourselves!

hey, we have a locally owned boot shops that sells redwings..cool huh

RubberLady603
10-10-2010, 06:28 AM
are you going to the fryburg fair?

Yup......and the truck pulls are tonight so will be a late one. Have 5 kids ranging from 3-11 and 5 adults here at my 2 bedroom house (the second bedroom is only big enough for a set of bunkbeds), the others are either at a motel or coming up today from Brattleboro. Crazy!

suzi_f
10-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Spent the whole day (and all of Friday!) at the Volleyball tournament! Whew, exhausting. And, no, Becca did not play. Well, Tiff put her in w/the score 24-18: a ball came to Becs, she called for it but "the 2nd ball ALWAYS belongs to Kay" so they both went for it & it was hit out. Tiff pulled Becca, reminded her that she's not to touch Kay's ball & that was it. Yes, others have hit the 2nd ball & twice in Saturday's game other girls called for "kay's ball" and kay backed off. Once kay & the other girl went for it but that other girl was not pulled from the game. Bethel LOST the championship game & came in second for the Tournament. Tiff is now 0 for 3 on tournaments this year. What goes around comes around. But I'm not bitter!

Last night was Nick's birthday. Took him to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (overpriced in my opinion & LOUD!!!!) and then shopping at Best Buy. Home for ice cream cake & I was in bed by 10:15!!!

maxiesmom
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
But I'm not bitter!

Well, at least you're not bitter, Suzi! ;)

suzi_f
10-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, at least you're not bitter, Suzi! ;)

You know me, miss go with the flow. I really, really really want to be ok w/this all but, I'm still hoping for a firey crash. This woman is just not HUMAN!!! AHA MOMENT!!! She's a CYBORG. Now I understand every so much better. I can deal now... LOL

maxiesmom
10-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh you're funny! Have a good day today. How was Becca with it all?

suzi_f
10-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Oh you're funny! Have a good day today. How was Becca with it all?

Not happy but willing to "admit" to her "mistake". She was sad that she didn't play in the first game yesterday. I told her that she needs to come to grips that she will NOT play in important games. I told her she would not get to play in the Championship game at all and if she wasn't ok with it, then we would not go. She said she could deal & she did. I told her as soon as the game was over there was NO MORE VB talk so we didn't grind on it anymore. We do have one more "regular" game on Tuesday & then the rest of the team is going to the state championships. We're NOT going. Too far, too much $$$ for hotel & food and she will not get to play. She's cool w/it but she would rather go. She's gonna have a team member buy her a shirt so it's all good.

(sorry to hijack Cindi's thread!! LOL)

maxiesmom
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
You didn't hijack it, I asked.

cindi
10-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Not happy but willing to "admit" to her "mistake". She was sad that she didn't play in the first game yesterday. I told her that she needs to come to grips that she will NOT play in important games. I told her she would not get to play in the Championship game at all and if she wasn't ok with it, then we would not go. She said she could deal & she did. I told her as soon as the game was over there was NO MORE VB talk so we didn't grind on it anymore. We do have one more "regular" game on Tuesday & then the rest of the team is going to the state championships. We're NOT going. Too far, too much $$$ for hotel & food and she will not get to play. She's cool w/it but she would rather go. She's gonna have a team member buy her a shirt so it's all good.

(sorry to hijack Cindi's thread!! LOL)

hey chat away, as long as we are posting, I don't care what thread it';s on