PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with Sweetpea Images

GSMom385
10-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I got some new Sweetpea images in the mail this week, that I had been waiting for. They are way cool one has a dragon in it. I just LOVE dragons!!! I have the perfect saying to go with Mister Dragon, that is so funny and it is so hard to find a good looking dragon now a days they are hard to come by. I really love coloring Sweetpea images and I am always amazed at how different the images look depending on the color scheme you select. Makes me want to color each image in a variety of hair colors and clothing colors just to check out all the schema I can come up with. These images really make me stretch in my coloring ablities which I LOVE TO DEATH. I had a blast this afternoon with my markers and airbrush. Been a LONG time since I colored like I did today. If you want to see them go head on into the gallery I posted a few of my favs.

milmogando
10-10-2010, 05:21 AM
cindy your colouring is AMAZING. i wish you lived close to me and could show me how!!

iloveflipflops
10-10-2010, 07:01 AM
WOW! Double WOW!! Your coloring is the best!!! When you say Sweetpea Images, is that the company? I was thinking Angie's cute mom the whole time I was reading that since her name is Sweetpea on here. LOL

maxiesmom
10-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I wanna see your cool dragon!

scraphappy908
10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I can't seem to find your gallery. I tried looking for recent gallery posts from you as well as looking in your profile. How does one look for a person's gallery when they don't have a recent post in the gallery? I really would like to see your dragons too.

shuggy
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
WOW! Double WOW!! Your coloring is the best!!! When you say Sweetpea Images, is that the company? I was thinking Angie's cute mom the whole time I was reading that since her name is Sweetpea on here. LOL

i was thinking the same thing!!

coco_kitty
10-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I LOVE your cards and the coloring was amazing. Ok, Sweetpea stamps are going to be a definite "TO BUY" instead of wait til later next time I shop (I've been admiring those images for a while and kept putting off buying them):) Thanks for enabling...lol.

Mrs. Fence
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Beautiful cards, Cindy. I need to take coloring lessons from you!

loobylou
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I can't seem to find your gallery. I tried looking for recent gallery posts from you as well as looking in your profile. How does one look for a person's gallery when they don't have a recent post in the gallery? I really would like to see your dragons too.

Amy, click on the link to Cindy's gallery just below her name in the original post here. it says "view member photos"

loobylou
10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Cindy, I would take lessons from you too. You get the light just right. I was in awe of the way you coloured your girls' thighs/legs. I have one of your cards right here at home and I am learning a lot about light and shade!

GSMom385
10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
<blushing> Thanks guys, you are all too kind. My Mom used to be a tole painting teacher and as a child I would sit at the top of the stairs and listen to the classes she taught in our basement. I can tole paint too, but it isn't very fashionable anymore, so I don't paint much, in fact I am not even sure where my brushes are at in the house. I learned how to shade stuff when I was very small from several famous tole painters. My Mom would have guest teachers all the time from the book companies of the books she sold in her shop. So if you want to learn about shading grab a good tole painting book at your local hobby store, or check out tole painting online, all the concepts of light and dark are the same with markers. Stamp companies really make it pretty easy, they give you clues with the little dots they put in an image to show you what is supposed to be shaded. If you want to make something like a leg look heavy you put bold color where it meets its resting place, that gives depth and weigh to the image. I keep thinking I should try to throw together some tutorials on how I color. I did one on faces because someone asked me to one time, but I really should do more. Here is the other thing I am not a fast colorer at all. I started at 9:30am and worked on those 5 images and cards until 11:00pm. So speed isn't in the equation. I even tend to pull back out my markers and touch up something while I am working on the layout of the card because I see stuff I missed the first time. The orange dragon girl I touched up about 5 times because she just didn't look even to me.