PDA

View Full Version : Help with business question--nsr

ellie
10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
A friend of mine has asked me to make some gift baskets for her. She owns her own business and has given me all the product and most of the materials. She wants to pay me but I have no idea what to charge. Basically, it would be just to cover the labor and a few incidentals that I have added.
Any suggestions? What do you do in a case like this?

loobylou
10-12-2010, 04:49 AM
what are you supplying? Include adhesives, embellishments, ribbon, cellophane etc Add up what you would spend to buy them if you didn't have them. Now add some money for your time. You won't really know until you have an idea how long they will take you to put together. Do one and time yourself. There is obviously a reason she is asking you to do them- is it time or artistic talent she lacks? Is she selling the baskets? all these questions will determine what you can possibly charge. Are you doing it as a favour or as a business venture? Charge what you would be willing to accept if it was to become a regular business proposition- just incase it becomes one! Oh, and good luck!

cindi
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Sarah's advice is spot on. good luck, it sounds fun
:)

Mrs. Fence
10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Sounds exciting! I would listen to Sarah's advice. Good luck and let us know what you decide and be sure to post pics of your baskets!

Patty
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
You go Girl!!!! I know the baskets will be beautiful...I've seen your work! Proud of ya, love, YFS

ellie
10-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Thank you girls! I owned a gift basket business years ago and she knew me then. I guess she is purchasing my experience. I will let you know how it goes. You guys are the best!