PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Cloud Pie

iloveflipflops
01-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Strawberry Cloud Pie

(1 piece: 85 calories, 3g fat, 158mg sodium, 17g carbs, 7g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 2g protein = 1 Point!)

Ingredients:

2 cups Fiber One cereal

4 tbsp. LAND O LAKES Whipped Light Butter; melted

1 large box (or 2 small) JELL-O Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert mix; Strawberry

1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Free

*Optional: sliced strawberries for garnish

Directions:

Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Combine crumbs with melted butter and stir until well mixed. In an oven-safe pie dish sprayed with nonstick spray, evenly distribute Fiber One mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to press & form the crust. Use your fingers to press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish. Bake pie crust for 10 minutes. Set aside. In a separate dish, dissolve gelatin mix into 2 cups boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes, or until completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup of cold water, and place in fridge for about 1 1/2 hours, but NO LONGER (Jell-O should be jiggly, but not firm). Next, use a mixer to fold in Cool Whip. Once mixture is very well blended, pour evenly into pie crust. Use a flat utensil to smooth out surface. Refrigerate for several hours until firm. If desired, garnish pie with sliced strawberries. Serves 8.

Himberly Hadson
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Yummy! Strawberries are my all time favorite fruits and this is a great recipe as it has strawberries in it. Thanks for the detailed recipe and the procedure. I love sweet dishes and would definitely prepare this one for my upcoming birthday.

LadyKat
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds good to me!:) And they have Sugar Free Cool Whip now, too. It's still not too easy to find but it exists.

maxiesmom
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
How did I never see this recipe??

cindi
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
ya, I never saw it either, but it sounds yummy!
:)

directmailscrapper
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Have you tried it? Sounds too healthy to me...

scraphappy908
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Sounds yummy! I'm glad someone dug this out of the archives in the message board. What a great summer time treat.