PDA

View Full Version : Copic ladies - I learned something new for me anyways

kimmyqtgirl
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
If you all knew this already - how did I miss out?
I was playing around with some of my SU! classic inks and they don't bleed at all with copics! I had no idea, and was very excited to learn this news. I was on the fence about buying Momento ink in a bunch of different colors (slowly over time of course) But now I don't have to I can use my SU! spots! Woo hoo! Am I the last to know?

Mrs. Middleton
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
i figured it out by accident a couple of weeks ago! i think its awesome!!

CharityHand
11-03-2010, 09:48 AM
This is good to know. I would have never tried this considering that the classic inks bleed in water. Thanks for the info!

ccstampin12
11-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I had heard this....still stick with Memento...black, brown and gray.
I get the refills and it's cheaper that way.
Joanie

loobylou
11-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I just checked my Copic certification manual and Stampin Up inks are on the "inks to avoid" list as they are waterbased and will bleed. Also on this list are Close to my heart ink for the same reason. I am not sure if this means both kinds of SU ink though. I guess if it works for you, go for it! I only use Memento ink because it dries quickly with no heat setting required.

kimmyqtgirl
11-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I was shocked. I just inked then colored - no heat setting. I was playing around since I dont have the Momento brown. It's pretty rare I use anythig aside from black when I want to color anyways. I think the classics are dye based but I might be wrong.

Patty
11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Isn't it amazing? Every day it seems I discover something or learn something else! Copics are wonderful!!!

MnMommy2
12-28-2010, 02:55 AM
so what are the best ink pads and papers to use with Copics? I'm experimenting and getting frustrated!

kimmyqtgirl
12-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Renee Momento are the best, I have never had them bleed and it dries really fast. I was just playing around when I tried Su! ink, but I have heard mixed reviews. With Momento just stamp and start coloring. Hope that helps so you don't waste money on inks that don't work :)