PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paloozers, how about an update?

maxiesmom
11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
As one who would be there if I wasn't currently in the Sunshine State, what's up girls? How is the new upstairs room working out? Have many hotel visitors stoped in to visit? Where did y'all go in the Amish country to eat?

What is everyone working on, Christmas cards? Is our crazy waiter working this weekend in the dining room?

mydogstinks2
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
give us a minute and we will have Sherri our shackatary get you updated.

shuggy
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
still waiting!

iloveflipflops
11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok girls ... Today is day 2 and we are all stamping like crazy. Last night we learned how to make smores using a heat gun (I will have to add the video of me making one, its quite funny!). It was pouring outside so there was no way we were going out to roast marshmallows when Chelsea had this great idea "Hey, let's use the heat gun" and sure enough, it worked great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx40EQaxe0w&feature=share

We went to amish country yesterday and chris showed us all around. We went into a bakery and I got some bread and butter pickles and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Chris got the pumpkin roll. Angie got the peanut butter brownies and homemade bread. So we've been snacking on all that.

It just started snow flurrying outside and i am all excited!!

Traci, Becky, Chelsea and Angie are working on Christmas cards. Traci has made 23 cards, Angie has made 4 dozen, Becky made 20 and Chelsea made 1 :). I've completed 10 swaps.

There is a knitting group next store called Chicks with Sticks. We love their name :).

Ok, back to working on my Christmas cards. I am just now starting mine.

suzi_f
11-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Sounds like tons of fun!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Patty
11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I've heard of Chicks with Sticks...there's also Stitch N'Bitch. I was a member of one of those not that long ago. Looks like everyone is having a ball eating smores!!! . Good for all of you getting your Christmas cards done!!

tesschap
11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the update, Sherri. Tell everyone I said hello. Sounds like you are getting a lot done and having fun. Don't forget to take some pictures for us!

cindi
11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
sounds like lots of productive fun. I LOVE the smores video..too funny..I was giggling right along with you's
:)

ccstampin12
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
FUNNY!!!
And FUN!
LOL
Joanie

HeatherJ
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
So resourceful!!!

RubberLady603
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
ROTLMAO! That is sure to be a Shack Classic! Too funny!

directmailscrapper
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Holy cow! You guys are getting a LOT done! I never get that much done -- I talk too much (imagine that!) Wish I could be there -- love you guys!

lakeslady
11-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Call the fire brigade I hear the smoke alarm going amoungst all that laughter LOL Sure wish they had smelly vision, I bet they smelt and tasted so good.
Continue having fun, just wish I was there with you all. Missing you here at the Shack. Dont forget we need a full resume when you get back.
Loving hugs to you all Joan

maxiesmom
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Sounds like much fun was had by all and you got tons done too. Thanks for the update.