PDA

View Full Version : I met 'kimmyqtgirl' today!

MidwestStamper
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Today I met Kimmy Kowalik and her husband, Kevin. They live in Michigan, but came to Minnesota for the Thanksgiving holiday. They were 'only' about 1 1/2 hours away and drove to Minneapolis to meet me at my parent's house--why, you ask?

Last week on Face Book I posted a few pictures of some of the furniture I wanted to give away from my Mom's apartment. In one picture, there was a guitar and mandolin leaning there too, and I made a point of saying those items weren't to give away, but I DID have a couple of Accordians for sale...

Kimmy saw that and spoke up that her DH would be interested in the Accordians. They were my Dad's, but no one else I know plays them. SO--Kimmy and DH made the drive up so they could purchase these instruments. I just wanted them to go to someone who would ENJOY them and it sounds like Kevin will do just that!

It sure was fun to meet them--and maybe we'll meet again at a Shackie event!

cindi
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
how wonderful!! it's like they are staying in the family..your shackie family! i love shackie meet ups
:)

milmogando
11-28-2010, 11:32 PM
that's great! and nice to know they have gone to a good home.

kimmyqtgirl
11-28-2010, 11:53 PM
It was so nice to meet you Lidia! My husband already called his parents who used to play when they were children and went on and on about how beautiful the accordions are. Lol. My dad tried one out when we got back - he had no idea what he was doing but they still sounded good.

I hope we can plan something the next time we visit. I'd love to spend more time with you!

MidwestStamper
11-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear that you're already having fun with them! I think accordians are a neat instrument--in the right hands! LOL!

Spartymom
11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Thats wonderful that someone you know got the accordian. Kimmy is a sweet person.

maxiesmom
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
How cool that you guys got to hook up for however short it was.

ccstampin12
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Great story!
So happy you got to meet up AND find a good home for your dad's accordians!
HUGS
Joanie

tesschap
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
That's so neat. I love Shackie meetings. I know my family members feel like they know most of you! How neat to be brought together by the accordians.