PDA

View Full Version : Went to a SU! Open House tonight and the Rep didn't know about the Winter Mini

MidwestStamper
01-13-2007, 01:49 AM
This Rep is a "Hobby" demo and she just likes to do Stamp-a-Stacks at her place. She doesn't want to do any parties or workshops, just orders the minimum amount each quarter.I like her alot and tonight was a "Thank You" to her customers with free Make and Takes, a cute free bag of cards and food too.

But when I asked if she had the Winter Mini, she didn't know about it! She even went to check online and came back and said that she didn't find it under 'promotions'. I've looked at it enough online to know that you have to go to the 'current catalogs' to find it. But I didn't argue my point with her, since I wasn't going to order from it anyway. I was just kind of surprised.

Swanie78
01-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Thats interesting.
Even as a hobbiest youd think shed want to know what new stuff is coming out!

Askmetostamp
01-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Very strange Lidia! I am an SU demo, and that stuff is plastered all over the home page on the Demo side! LOL!

Jellybean298
01-13-2007, 09:29 AM
That is so odd. My rep is so up on it always telling me about the ne mini's and wait till you see all the new goodies.

ctmhgirl
01-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Weird. I am not even a SU demo and I have heard quite a bit about the mini catalog.

sonyad
01-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I got mine in the mail from my demo...strange that she didnt know anything about this. Maybe she doesnt keep up to date with SU business stuff...who knows

Erin K
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Well I'm mostly a hobby demo for TAC and one time I have to admit Sherri had to email me asking why I didn't show her a special. She had wanted it and luckily we got her order in at the last second to get it, but I can see how your demo might just not keep up. I only go on the TAC site if I need something. I know I'm bad. That's cool though she has stamp a stacks and stuff.

MidwestStamper
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I think that's the case with Kim too. She works full time as a teacher, has three busy teens and they're remodeling their home -- so alot on her mind besides SU!

Erin K
01-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Goodness she's busy, it's a wonder she remembers to get dressed in the morning! I don't have half of that going on!

stampinmom3
01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
What in the world is stamp a stack?? Have I been missing out on something???

MidwestStamper
01-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I've been to different variations of these: basically you pay a certain fee to come and stamp and make a "stack" of cards (10,12,20--whatever the demonstrator sets up). I've only been to ones done by SU! demonstrators.

They will provide the ideas, the supplies (paper, glue, tape), stamps, ink, ribbon etc. Usually you'll make 3 or 4 designs, but make 3 or 4 of each design. Envelopes are usually provided too.

I like how this lady does hers:$20. for 12 cards--but if you order at least $40.00 of product, the cards only cost $5.00.

Swanie78
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
That sounds like fun! :)