PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a diabetic Christmas cookie recipe

tojoco
12-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I want to be able to give the physical therapists and the receptionist at my chiropractor's office a little Christmas gift. I'm going to make chocolate dipped pretzel rods for the physical therapists but the receptionist is a diabetic. Does anyone have a good and EASY Christmas cookie recipe I could bake up for her?

cindi
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
not off the top of my head..but you can use any recipe and switch splenda for the sugar. Nuts are great for diebetic people too, so you could make a bag of nuts and make a cute bag topper.
:)

tojoco
12-10-2010, 09:41 PM
not off the top of my head..but you can use any recipe and switch splenda for the sugar. Nuts are great for diebetic people too, so you could make a bag of nuts and make a cute bag topper.
:)

Cindi, I thought I could too but the recipes I've found also use chocolate chips so to me that's not diabetic. I just might make it easy on myself and make the bag of nuts as you suggested.

suzi_f
12-11-2010, 08:33 AM
There are sugar free Choc Chips at Walmart. There are coming out with ALOT more S/F & reduced sugar stuff. I've yet to try any diabetic recipes.

Lori
12-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I found this website- http://diabeticgourmet.com/recipes/Holidays_and_Special_Occasions/Christmas/Desserts/Cookies/

RubberLady603
12-11-2010, 09:12 AM
My DH is diabetic and for him it's just important to know how many carbs are in each serving. He can't/won't eat anything that he doesn't know nutrition values for. Hope that helps. Not knowing means not eating for him.......

RubberLady603
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I found this website- http://diabeticgourmet.com/recipes/Holidays_and_Special_Occasions/Christmas/Desserts/Cookies/

OMG! That is a great site!!!!! Lots of times the so-called diabetic sites/recipes are diabetic friendly just because they have the nutritional values listed. I've seen diabetic recipes that are soooo not good for you. This site has truly good recipes. TFS!

ccstampin12
12-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Joanne,
I found my diabetic desserts cookbook.
I have an easy-sounding cookie recipe for Holiday Thumbprint Cookies.
Let me know if you want me to post it for you.
Joanie

tojoco
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Joanne,
I found my diabetic desserts cookbook.
I have an easy-sounding cookie recipe for Holiday Thumbprint Cookies.
Let me know if you want me to post it for you.
Joanie

Oh yes Joanie. I would love to get the recipe. Thanks.

jazzypurple853
12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I have this recipe from Mr. Food's Quick & easy Diabetic cookbook. It does have the American Diabetes Association symbol on it.

I have made the recipe. So the cookies are good.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1stick) butter , softened
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and granulated sugars, the butter and applesauce until smooth. Beat
in the egg whites and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour until smooth. With a spoon , stir in the oats and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

ccstampin12
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
1 package (8 oz) sugar-free low-fat yellow cake mix
3 TB orange juice
2 Tsp grated orange peel
1/2 tsp vanilla
5 tsp. strawberry all-fruit spread
2 TB chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Beat cake mix, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until mixture looks crumbly. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes or until smooth dough forms. Dough will be very sticky.

Coat hands with nonstick cooking spray. roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press center of each ball with thumb. Fill each thumprint with 1/4 teaspoon fruit spread. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown and lose their shininess. Do not overbake. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Nutrients per serving:
1 Cookie

Calories: 50, Calories from Fat: 20%, Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat:0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 8mg, Carbohydrate: 10g, Fiber: 0g, Protein: 1g

Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 Starch

RubberLady603
12-12-2010, 05:30 AM
That sounds yummy! I'll have to make some of those for Christmas! Thanks!