PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Shackies

ShackHost
12-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Over the last two years we have thoroughly enjoyed being the host for The Stamp Shack. We love this community and all the friendship and inspiration found here. We have done our best with limited technical knowledge to keep The Stamp Shack safe and updated for all Shackies to enjoy. In a recent discussion with a good friend, Mike, we came to realize that there are so many new features and advancements that could benefit The Stamp Shack that are beyond our technical expertise. Mike and his business partner Matt have built wonderful online communities and really invest their time in getting to know the people.

This led to further discussions and we decided that it would be best for The Stamp Shack to turn the reins over to Mike and Matt. They have a genuine care to see that The Stamp Shack community thrive and continue to be your online home. They also have much more technical skills than we do so they will be able upgrade the site and add enhancements much more quickly and successfully than we have. In fact, since we have had several server issues over the last year, Mike is going to transfer the site to a much more powerful server tonight. He was really concerned about the recent downtime and wants to ensure that The Stamp Shack is on a very stable and reliable server going forward.

We are very excited that Mike and Matt are willing to put their time and talent into The Stamp Shack so that this community can continue to grow and inspire people around the world. Thank you for all your support over the last two years. Please give Mike and Matt a warm welcome as they become more familiar with the site and your ‘wishlist’ enhancements to make the site even better. Through their technical abilities and knowledge of supporting online communities, The Stamp Shack is in excellent hands and ready for a fantastic 2011!

Far North
12-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Thank you so very much for all you have done for all of us!! I truly appreciate that you are passing the site onto a team who you feel has the technical expertise to continue to move us forward! I wish you well in your future too and during this season wish you and yours fabulous holidays!

tojoco
12-15-2010, 02:47 AM
I also want to extend my thank you for all that you've done in the last two years to try to keep "our shack" afloat. We realize how difficult a job it is to keep a website up and running smoothly. I also want to welcome Mike and Matt as our new Shack Hosts and hope that they are able to familiarize themselves with our website and keep in communication with us. We all love this site and absolutely hate it when it goes down and we can't keep in touch with each other. We like knowing that our host is nearby to answer any questions that may arise concerning the shack. Best of luck to the outgoing and incoming Shack Hosts.

shuggy
12-15-2010, 10:45 PM
i love that you called us "shackies"! thanks so much.

Paula Carden
12-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I posted early this am but it is gone...I wanted to say thank you for what you have done to keep our online cardmaking community going. Many of us have formed friendships 100's or 1000's of miles apart. Thank you for your time and also for looking into the future with our next new home.

cindi
12-16-2010, 12:13 AM
I too, posted earlier today, and am sorry that the post are gone, because so many of the ladies said so well what I feel. but I want to say thanks to Ryan & Cammie for all they have done and I wish them well in all future endeavers. Welcome to Mike & Matt..I look forward to getting to know a little about you's and seeing how you take us forward.
happy Holidays to you all
:)

StampShackMike
12-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry if some posts disappeared during the server migration last night. It should not happen again but please know the posts were not removed for any reason.

Mike

milmogando
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
cute avatar mike!

StampShackMike
12-16-2010, 12:53 AM
cute avatar mike!

Thanks that is our little Chihuahua Sleeky. He is about 8 months now and huge to us at 7 pounds. He is my daughters puppy but during the day he is my work buddy at home.

ccstampin12
12-16-2010, 06:56 AM
I don't see Mike's avatar.
I logged out and signed back in and it's still not visible.
Joanie.....I want to see it too!!!!!!!!