PDA

View Full Version : Just took my first Zumba Class

Patty
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I'll probably ache all over tomorrow, but it was fun. I felt like Lucille Ball trying to blend in...I was laughing at myself...but it was a lot of fun. Anyone else here go to Zumba?

tesschap
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I have never been to a Zumba but I have signed up for a class that my local Curves is offering next Saturday. I can't wait to give it a try ... I'm sure I will resemble Lucy myself!

ccstampin12
01-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I started with Zumba in April.
Had to stop for 3 months while dealing with the eye problem.
Went back on Monday, and I'll go again tomorrow.
I ordered the WII Zumba program today.
I do love it, not so good at it, but I move for one straight hour.
Joanie

tojoco
01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
We have zumba classes at our gym. I tried it once and couldn't keep up; they move so fast and I lose my breath so I don't attend any more but those that do go have a fun time.

Spartymom
01-07-2011, 08:46 AM
I do Zumba every Monday. Curves now has a workout that includes Zumba. It is fun.

ccstampin12
01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I heard that Curves has added that!
Sounds good!
Joanie

Patty
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I went again this morning. I really don't enjoy not knowing what I'm doing, but as I look around I'm not the only one. There are mostly "young" ladies there...but of few of us "experienced gals." One of them actually sat on the floor for a few minutes...there is a couch, but she wasn't down long. I have tried a few other exercise methods, but this is the ONLY one where I felt I really got a good workout...talk about sweat...yuck!!! It MUST be good for me, it's so disgusting...my gs's would all laugh at me, I always tell them "gramma doesn't sweat, run or jump". I signed up for a month..we'll see how i goes. I have learned that I do better with music that I recognize. Also, some of the Latin music works for me, but I just can't get my arms and legs to work like the instructor. I think I'm gonna just not pay so much attenton to her...lots of ladies look to be doing their own thing!! As long as I'm sweatin', right? They have a "Zumba Gold" for us who are "golden"...I might check that one. Anyone know about that?

Darleneh710
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I LOVE ZUMBA Patty! I have taken 2 classes so far and I start it up again tomororw morning...bright and early!! I love it! Oh wait did I just say that? LOL...I find that I am not going the same way as alot of them, but I get a really good workout...I burn about 500 calories when I do it...(when I use my heart rate monitor I can calculate it).

I think it is great that you did it. I took one class and was hooked!

Good for you!!!

Patty, I am younger than some of the ladies , but I find that we are all in the same boat...I will go left and they will go right or they will try something different and it takes me a little bit to catch on lol...but it is funny and I just have fun with it and no one is going to say anything you know? I just have fun with it and I think the dances they do each week change...so you really never know lol..

dancing queen
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Patty, I think it's great that you're Zumba-ing! I bet it won't be long and you'll be keepin' up with the instructor. Have fun.

midnitecreations
01-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd looked into signing up for Zumba and had very good intentions of doing it. It really looks like fun. But with my knee out of whack, it might be a bit before I can do any exercise other than walking!