PDA

View Full Version : Spring Palooza - coming quickly!!

workin4stamps
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
***I am updating the guest list****Since we were mentioning Fall Palooza...I thought now that the holidays are over it would be a good time to remind everyone about our Spring event.

Spring 2011 - Angola, Indiana at the Potawatomi Inn located in Pokagon State Park. This is a lovely Inn, located in a scenic area on a lake. There are hiking trails, walking paths, an indoor pool, and a restaurant is located right in the building. Our rooms have 2 beds.

The dates for Spring are April 14-April 17. Some people who are traveling from afar are coming in on Wednesday the 13th, but you need to book your room SOON if you want to do that because the Inn books up VERY quickly. Rooms are either $86 (for 2 double beds) or $99 (for two queen beds with a little larger bath) per night plus tax. Two people can share a room, or even three people. Rollaway beds are available for $10 per night.

The price per person for the conference room for the entire weekend is $40.

As of right now, the following people have sent in their deposit:

Chelsea - received $40 deposit
Traci - received $40 deposit
Kim S - received $40 deposit
Kimmy K - received $40 deposit
Angie R - received $40 deposit
Kathy P - received $40 deposit
Sherri T - received $40 deposit
Mary R - received $40 deposit
Chris H - received $40 deposit
Jennifer E - deposit mailed
Suzi F - received $40 deposit
Joanne D - received $40 deposit
Kristi W - will give me deposit at March stamp club 3/19
Robin (stinkycheese) - received $40 deposit
Kristi W's sister may be attending....but we are not sure yet. I will know more soon! I also can't think of her name!

If anyone else is interested in attending, please let me know!! We only have until the beginning of March to finalize our reservations.

maxiesmom
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I need to reserve a room soon. As soon as the Christmas cc bills are gone!

Spartymom
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I can't wait. haven't worked on cards since last Palooza! Seriously.

suzi_f
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm working on it. Becca gets her license the week before so I can conceivably leave them alone. Hubby will have a confrence SOMETIME in April but no idea when. Joanne, Cheryl?? There is room at Hotel Ferguson on Wednesday if y'all want to come "halfway" and we can ride together.........

shadoob
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
hhhmmmmm...tis definitely a serious consideration. I shall check my class schedule.....I'd LOVE to go.

I'm working on it. Becca gets her license the week before so I can conceivably leave them alone. Hubby will have a confrence SOMETIME in April but no idea when. Joanne, Cheryl?? There is room at Hotel Ferguson on Wednesday if y'all want to come "halfway" and we can ride together.........

RubberLady603
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I so wish I could!! One of these days.......

tojoco
01-07-2011, 07:49 PM
hhhmmmmm...tis definitely a serious consideration. I shall check my class schedule.....I'd LOVE to go.

Thanks Suzi. I probably will go this year. If I flew up to St. Louis would it be a hassle for you to pick me up at the airport and then drive in with you and maybe Cheryl?

suzi_f
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
No probs at all. My van knows the route to the airport w/o me!!! LOL Last year, we left about 7:30 (much to Cheryls dismay) on Thur & arrived late afternoon (7 hour trip??) So, if you came in on Wed, that would work PERFECT. You'd have to deal w/my kids (I'll apologize in advance for them. LOL) for a day but it'd be FUN!!!

tojoco
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
No probs at all. My van knows the route to the airport w/o me!!! LOL Last year, we left about 7:30 (much to Cheryls dismay) on Thur & arrived late afternoon (7 hour trip??) So, if you came in on Wed, that would work PERFECT. You'd have to deal w/my kids (I'll apologize in advance for them. LOL) for a day but it'd be FUN!!!

OK let's plan on it. Of course it all depends if I can get on a flight sometime Wednesday being on stand-by, which I don't think will be a problem. I may make up a package of my scissors, craft knife, paper cutter and anything else I don't think will fit in or be allowed in my carry-on case and mail it up to you. Should we make the commitment on Traci's post, shall I call the hotel to book a room, shall I send Traci my $40 room cost? I'm getting excited now.

suzi_f
01-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Me too!! Let me just verify that the snoring hubby hasn't "forgotten" all about this. YEAAAAAAA!!!!!

Spartymom
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Tracy, is Kristie coming this year?

iloveflipflops
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes Kim Kristie is coming again this spring (right Traci?)

workin4stamps
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
bumping up. I updated the guest list in the original post.

kimmyqtgirl
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
woo hoo can't wait! Especially since I missed last year. I am so excited!

shuggy
02-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I need to get our flight!

workin4stamps
02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I need to get our flight!

Oh my goodness, YES YOU DO!!

Spartymom
02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes you need to get your flight! 65 days away. Ok, maybe 70 days.......Should we talk about projects-what to work on+

mydogstinks2
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm so excited!! It's great to have this to look forward to.

tojoco
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm excited too. I haven't been with you girls since Mall of America in Minneapolis.

maxiesmom
02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm excited too. I haven't been with you girls since Mall of America in Minneapolis.

So you are still coming?? You had me a little worried that night when we were chatting on the Helmar broadcast.

maxiesmom
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes you need to get your flight! 65 days away. Ok, maybe 70 days.......Should we talk about projects-what to work on+

I was wondering if we should try to do some shoebox projects again. After last years marathon calendar making I am wanting to do different projects, in addition to all the Christmas cards I want to do. We should do something!

tojoco
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
So you are still coming?? You had me a little worried that night when we were chatting on the Helmar broadcast.

Kathy, yep I'll be there. Can't wait to see you and all the others.

workin4stamps
02-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Anyone who wants to do a shoebox project is welcome to bring one!!! It is totally voluntary! I will already tell you that I most likely won't bring one, but bring them on!

kimmyqtgirl
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
My only problem is packing! I never can seem to plan ahead what I want to work on so I end up trying to pack EVERYTHING (which is impossible). Maybe if I start now with the planning ha ha ha.

workin4stamps
02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I updated the original list again on the first post. It includes notes of who I have received payments from.

Please call and put your deposit on your room soon if you have not already done so. There are 3 rooms left with 2 double beds and smaller bathrooms. There are 2 rooms left with 2 queen beds and bigger bathrooms.

The only person that I am unsure of at this point is Jennifer E. I need to pm her, but is anyone that only has 2 people in their room willing to take her as a 3rd roomie if she wants to room with you?? Otherwise I don't think I have anyone to match her up with.

Thanks!!!

suzi_f
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I have my room reserved & would be FINE adding Jennifer!!! (I'm hoping Joanne will be ok w/this too. LOL) We got a smaller room so maybe I should ask for the bigger one??? Am I going to be away from y'all if I don't change??

workin4stamps
02-14-2011, 12:34 PM
suzi---our rooms are usually not always right together. a few people might be together, but we're usually spread out. It doesn't matter because we're hardly in the rooms anyways..

as far as reserving a bigger room....that is up to you! I personally don't like the bathrooms in the smaller rooms because there is no counter space...but that is just me!!!

iloveflipflops
02-14-2011, 12:47 PM
So I'm counting 13 of us are going as of now?

workin4stamps
02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
does that include Jennifer E Sherri?? She's the only one I'm not sure of....I am waiting to hear back from her..

kimmyqtgirl
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Kathy and Jennifer and I have already discussed being a threesome if she comes. I know she wants to wait until it's closer to make sure everything is going well with her pregnancy. I think I better call and book our room:)

workin4stamps
02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
ok that sounds great Kimmy!!! thank you!!!

kimmyqtgirl
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Woo Hoo! I booked our room! It feels so official now, I am so excited since I couldn't make it last year.

shuggy
02-15-2011, 07:48 AM
woo hoo!!! i can't wait!

tojoco
02-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Me too. I can't wait to meet some new shackies and revisit with some old friends.

mydogstinks2
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Ok update from the "stinky's"

Stinkycheese is coming too!!!!!

Also we will be able to stay at the Inn. THAT makes me very happy!!

mydogstinks2
02-18-2011, 09:53 AM
OH-Ya... Who needs room mates???

iloveflipflops
02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Ok update from the "stinky's"

Stinkycheese is coming too!!!!!

Also we will be able to stay at the Inn. THAT makes me very happy!!

Hip Hip Hooray. So glad Robin is joining us!!!!

workin4stamps
02-18-2011, 08:07 PM
To the best of my knowledge, room arrangements are as follows:

Traci, Kristi, Sherri
Chelsea, Kim
Kathy, Kimmy, Jennifer (if she comes)
Joanne, Suzi
Mary, Angie

Hope this helps!

mydogstinks2
02-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks Traci!! I'm calling and reserving our room Monday! YAY!!

Sweetpea
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
wow ladies, quite a group. Angie & I will have our airline tickets soon and I can't wait to see Joann and Kimmy and everyone who missed last year. I'm so excited that some of you are interested in shoe box projects. i will probably bring one. the countdown in on! Thanks, Traci for all your work with the money and reservations AND for picking us up at the airport in Detroit. We can chat all the way to the Inn.

iloveflipflops
02-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Mary, when are you and Angie coming? Wed-Sunday again? I haven't decided if I am coming on Wed or Thurs yet?

shuggy
02-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Mary, when are you and Angie coming? Wed-Sunday again? I haven't decided if I am coming on Wed or Thurs yet?

we are coming wed-sun. traci was nice enough to pick us up too, so chris and robin won't have to make the 4 hour trek! you need to come wed!! party wed night! it's so much nicer!!

kimmyqtgirl
02-19-2011, 01:48 PM
What Wed is party night?!? Lol I am so out of the loop. ha ha ha... I wish I could come Wednesday, right now I don't know if I'll be working by then, but I will let whoever hires me know up front I have trip planned I can't miss!

Spartymom
02-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Don't miss me too much on Wednesday! I'll be ready to party on Friday..Yeah.

suzi_f
02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't wanna miss PARTY DAY!!! Think we can work on PARTY WEEKEND??? LOL

shuggy
02-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't wanna miss PARTY DAY!!! Think we can work on PARTY WEEKEND??? LOL

oh, it will be party weekend...no worries!

Sweetpea
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Mary, when are you and Angie coming? Wed-Sunday again? I haven't decided if I am coming on Wed or Thurs yet? Sherri, come on Wednesday. That makes Thursday so much more funner.

mydogstinks2
02-19-2011, 07:50 PM
We booked our room today!!!! YAY!!! The stinky's are Paloozaing!!

Spartymom
02-19-2011, 08:16 PM
glad the stinkys are paloozing...tee hee..what shall we bring for the weekend festivis?

inkinupstamps
02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm assuming you've heard from Jennifer E. but I just thought I should post just in case because I am not Jennifer E. I did, however, receive an email and question about if I was attending so I don't know if you've been sending your questions to the wrong Jennifer or not? (Did any of that make sense? YIKES!)

Just to clarify...I received an email wondering if I (Jennifer E.) am attending. Just wanting to be sure you knew the error.

However, I wish I was able to go this year. I just couldn't make April work. I'm hoping that maybe...just maybe I can get in on the autumn Shack Palooza, if there is one.

Cheers!

Jennifer W.

workin4stamps
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm assuming you've heard from Jennifer E. but I just thought I should post just in case because I am not Jennifer E. I did, however, receive an email and question about if I was attending so I don't know if you've been sending your questions to the wrong Jennifer or not? (Did any of that make sense? YIKES!)

Just to clarify...I received an email wondering if I (Jennifer E.) am attending. Just wanting to be sure you knew the error.

However, I wish I was able to go this year. I just couldn't make April work. I'm hoping that maybe...just maybe I can get in on the autumn Shack Palooza, if there is one.

Cheers!

Jennifer W.

oh dear...I am just now seeing this!! Was this email from me??? I assume that you would have just emailed me back if it was, but in any case, thanks for the heads up!