PDA

View Full Version : Impress or Tombow Markers?

stampcrazyjulie
10-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Okay Ladies, I need your input...which do you all prefer Impress or Tombow Markers, and why? What is the difference? Which product lasts longer?

Many Thanks!

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I got them but havent' used them yet. They are so bold. I love my SU markers and I just can't bring myself to use these bold ones. lol

mcourtney
10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
I've had my Tombows for about 8 years now and they are still as juicy as new. They are my favorite. I've tried Marvy's and LePlumes but I haven't tried the Impress.

Mary :0)

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I got them but havent' used them yet. They are so bold. I love my SU markers and I just can't bring myself to use these bold ones. lol

Sherri- what do you mean bold? The colors or the tips? How are the SU markers different? (I'm looking at markers these days..)

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I just love my SU markers. They are my favorite!!

stampcrazyjulie
10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
So, Impress Markers are not very popular? Do either of these bleed through when coloring with them?

Sherri...you think the colors are too bright for your taste then? Are SU! a lighter shade?

Erin K
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I have both and both are fine. Tombow has prettier colors I think. The impress are gonna be darker/bolder than the caps look. For pretty soft colors I get the Tombow which is much closer to the cap color I feel. But I have both like I said and they are both fine. They blend the same and behave the same, it's just personal preference.

I have heard that anyone who has the SU ones won't even consider using something else though... I've not tried those.

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 09:31 PM
not use anything else ... when it comes to markers. Now i will use watercolors, paints, etc. but no other markers are for me. Its probably silly but I love my markers to match my paper, etc.

I actually JUST discovered these markers a few months ago. I think I use them every single day! LOVE THEM!!

shuggy
10-24-2006, 09:51 PM
if you want to try some impress markers, i have a bunch (probably 2-3 sets). i used them very little, then got some tombows. i love the tombows. i just like the color better. email me.

angie

ngreek
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I have used the Tombow and it sounds like I did not like them for the same reason. I do not like the markers to be too bold in color when I am using them. I loved it when SU had the Fabrico but they do not carry those anymore. I have found other venders to buy them from. SO I use the Fabrico for that reason.

Nicole

shuggy
10-24-2006, 11:24 PM
i totally lied in my previous post. i switched to marvy leplume 2 markers, not tombow!!

sorry!:eek:

inkinupstamps
10-25-2006, 06:39 AM
I vote for Tombow ! Two thumbs up for them! The colours are vivid, I don't think Tombow leaves the streaky lines that most markers do and they are fabulous to watercolor with too. You don't even realize you've used markers.:)

Tombow all the way for me.;)

LinzyD
10-25-2006, 07:53 AM
I'll keep this in mind...right now I just use colored pencils (but I am very new to stamping and am looking to grow) but I'll keep these comments in mind!
Thanks for all of the feedback!
Linzy

suzi_f
10-25-2006, 07:57 AM
I tried this over the weekend w/my Zig pens w/less than perfct results.

Erin K
10-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Watercoloring or blenderpening is all I do with my markers. Well every once in a great while I'll use them straight. Here how I do my WC with markers

I have this white board thingie that's plastic (you can use anythign plastic) and I scribble out a bit of the color I want. Then I take my aquabrush (little paintbrush with water inside it) and dip it in the marker scribble. Then apply to the paper. This makes a nice sheer watercolor look.

For blender pen I do the very same thing, but pick it up with the blender pen, it's a little darker of a look, I actually like the watercolor better.

Erin K
10-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh and your zig pens don't do the WC right because that ink is water resistant. :)

stampcrazyjulie
10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow! I am glad that I asked you Ladies! You all know so much! Thank you for the feedback! It looks like I am leaning more towards the Tombow at this point. Nobody has said a word really about the Impress...I wonder how come??

Erin K
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Wow! I am glad that I asked you Ladies! You all know so much! Thank you for the feedback! It looks like I am leaning more towards the Tombow at this point. Nobody has said a word really about the Impress...I wonder how come??

I feel bad for my Impress markers now. I like them fine, they are great markers, they are just really bright. Also I'll tell you the honest reason I didn't buy the rest... I have the bold pack, so no wonder they are bright right, there is a pastel pack too. But Impress is made by Tsukineko and I have their Kaleidacolor inkpads. I have the pastel one and it's really not pastel at all, it's bright, so I'm afraid that the pastel markers will be bright too. And sometimes you really need pastel. So I have my main pack of Impress and suppliment with softer shades in the Tombow. But the Impress are really nice markers, if you find them at a really good deal I'd get them. I can't really tell the difference.

cahinton
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I have tomboy and marvy leplume markers. My favorite is tomboy because they blend beautifully and the colors are nice. They're also very juicy. My marvy markers are getting old, so I decided to order some Sugarloaf markers. They come in a set of beautiful colors which has a stand up case. I haven't got them yet. Has anybody tried the Sugarloaf markers?

Carol

Alli
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
not use anything else ... when it comes to markers. Now i will use watercolors, paints, etc. but no other markers are for me. Its probably silly but I love my markers to match my paper, etc.

I actually JUST discovered these markers a few months ago. I think I use them every single day! LOVE THEM!!

I have Tombow and SU and SU are my favorites too. It's just because I love the fact that everything with SU matches. The ink matches the cardstock and so your cards look more professional, but in terms of how they perform, there is no difference, Tombow and SU are far superior to other brands in my humble opinion! :)

workin4stamps
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone, that I think SU markers rock!!!!! I wouldn't trade them for the world, and they are worth every penny. I love the color selection, and they last forever!!!! I know people who have had them for 7-8 years. I've had some of mine for 4 years now and they are still going strong!!!!

:-)
Traci