PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone warm and safe?

RubberLady603
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I hope you all are OK during this crazy storm! We still have power and all is good. We have a ton of snow and it's really windy. I'm happy to be home and done driving! It just took me a little over an hour to get home (usually 20 min) and the big plow truck that does our street was down over a bank so my street wasn't plowed! I had my little Subaru with AWD and got here OK. That car is amazing in the snow!
Anyways, I hope everyone else is OK too!

Patty
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Glad you made it home...I never left mine today. My neighbor came by and took my keys and dug me out. I put soup in the crock pot and gave him a big container of it. He's a blessing. My son has a Subaru too...he says it's amazing in the bad weather.

Lori
01-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I didn't have to take the ambulance out at all!

iloveflipflops
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Our snow is starting to melt. Tomorrow will be day #4 of no school. We have to make up all 4 days, 2 being on Saturdays. Oh well.

cindi
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I went out tonight with my peeps..I think it's Maine thing..like the postal service..not wind, not rain, not snow..will keep keep us in..I mean from delivering!! lol
so I went out and am home and safe..it is brutal out there..I'd say at least 10 inches of snow,..but it's so windy and drifted it;s hard to tell.
I hope eveyone else 9s home safe too..and Lori, great news you didn't have any runs today!
:)

Lori
01-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm in the fire station today. Glad I only had a half mile drive! Roads are still covered and a bit slick. I only have all season tires on. Budget was tight so I thought I'd wait for the studded snows that i should have on! I'll be pricing them today!

jazzypurple853
01-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I just went out myself, and the roads are not in the best shape.I just came from the post office, the road by the post office wasn't even plowed. I asked the clerk, if they were opened yesterday, since MA was under state of emergency so only essential people would have been out, she said yes, but not much business.

The mounds of snow are really high.So you have to be very careful inching out to make a turn. If we get anymore snow , before any of this snow melts, we are going to be in real trouble.!