PDA

View Full Version : Been gone to long glad to be back.

Glitterby
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
:jiggy:Hi All,
What a year + I have had. Ever sense we moved South a couple hours I have had a rough road. I am hoping now things will settle at least enough for me to return to all you wonderful ladies who welcomed me a year and a half ago.

Let me re-introduce myself....I am Carrie, 42, Mother to Chris 13 and Rachael 10, Step mom to Scott 26 and Sean 24. Married to Bruce 7 years this coming April. I am also mom to 7 fur babies.... 4 cats, and three dogs, all of them we rescued.

I met my Husband online after going through a bad divorce. He was a Navy Senior Cheif stationed in Bahrain at the time. He moved me from Ohio to MT where I lived with my "then " furture MIL. We stayed there 1 year before going to Okinawa Japan where we were staioned for 4 years until my husband retired 3 1/2 years ago. He is now a route Manager for Waste Management.

I have been stamping for 7 years now. I just got a Cricut EX for Christmas and a Zutter bind it all. I am making it my goal this year to do more crafting. Besides stamping I like to make felt stockings and sequin ornaments. I try to get all my ornament kits from eBay as I like the older ones.

The past year and a half sense joining the Shack has been tough. We moved into a retal and had an Evil landlady. I got fed up with being spied on all the time so after our lease ended we bought a house in town. I still own our other house up north and I have it rented sense it was not selling but I am having no end of repair issues with that place and no money to deal with it right now.

I am trying to sell our upstate NY property to pay for the roof and pipe issues at that house. Thank God my renter pay the rent on time. But there lease with me is almost up and i fear they may be moving away.

I sunk into a deep depression this time last year that lasted all winter and then some. The anxiety and panic was awful. But I am doing much better now. I think I just hated living under another persons rules.

I was told this past spring I have high BP so now I am on 2 different pills to keep that under control. I still take a mild anti depressent as well.

My computer bit the dust last summer, I had to get a new one only to have to replace the power supply and mother board after only 5 months. Then something else went wrong and I was without it for 3 weeks before They finally got me fixed up. I am still paying on the darn thing too!!!

Anyway. I am hoping I am finally back. This is one of the best places I have ever found for friends and card Ideas. I love to look at everyone creative and wonderful cards. I hope to get active and join in on more this year. I have lots of new stamps to use and tons of new ideas to share.

Sorry so long here....guess I am in a chatty mood tonight.

Hugs to all
Carrie

ccstampin12
01-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi, Carrie~
Welcome back and I hope you will continue to feel great and visit the Shack a lot!
Joanie

Glitterby
01-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks Joanie,
Where I live I have only found one person who is into card making and crafting stores.... forget it..... I have to go almost an hour away to look at those so most of my shopping is online.
This place is a great way for me to meet other stampers and get tons of wonderful ideas.
Carrie

jazzypurple853
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Hello and welcome back.

cindi
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
hi Carrie, welcome back!! I do remember you and am happy to see you back here. I hope things stay calm for awhile and you can find the time to hang out here with us
:)

RubberLady603
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi Carrie and welcome!

maxiesmom
01-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Hi Carrie, we're hoping 2011 is a better one for us all.

Paula Carden
01-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Welcome back Carrie! I hope that 2011 will be better to you than the last couple of years!!
The Shack is a wonderful place for inspiration and friendship!

Glitterby
01-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I am glad to be feeling good enough again to get active with the Shack. I also hope we all have a better year.

Patty
01-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Carrie, and welcome back. I think we can all relate to "issues", since we all have our share. 2011 has to be better. Together here it will be. Glad you're here...now lets get inky!!!

Lori
01-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Hello and welcome back!

Rebecca
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Carrie, welcome back to the shack! I hope this year is one of great things for you and all our shackie friends!