PDA

View Full Version : Flakers

StampShackMike
01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

It has come to my attention that our moderators have had to deal with some flakers lately. :( I want to remind everyone flakers will not be allowed to participate in swaps on this site! Stamp-Shack is to be a flaker free zone!

If you get two strikes your membership will be downgraded from plus to regular without refund. You will no longer be able to participate in swaps here. This is the only way to protect the integrity of the community and not just have it be like any old site where people sign up for swaps and don't follow through.

If you have been exposed to a flaker and need to report them please simply contact a moderator or use the support button and put a ticket in for anonymity. All reports will be kept 100% confidential. We will issue warnings on the first and second offense but then the flaker is downgraded from plus.

Let's have a great year and remember, don't be a flaker!

Thanks to all of you who make this site great. :)

cindi
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks Mike, it is very important to have flaker free swaps. I appreciate your support of this.
:)

Christie
01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Mike! This is a great reminder for everyone! Remember the moderators are Sarah/Loobylou, Lidia/Midweststamper and myself/Christie. I look forward to everyone having great swap experiences without any flakers!!!

Patty
01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Thank you Mike. I'm not someone who hosts swaps, but I love to join. I know how much time and effort we all put into our work. If just one person flakes, it takes the joy out of the process. I appreciate your support.

maxiesmom
01-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Thank you again Mike for helping keep our site awesome!

RubberLady603
01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you! I'm glad that it is taken seriously!

midnitecreations
01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I too appreciate this being issue being seriously taken. It's one of the reasons that I love this site.

lakeslady
01-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you so much for doing this for us Mike. It is one of the reasons why we love this place we call home....flackers are just not tollerated.

mahodgman
01-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I also appreciate this reminder. Flakers really make my crazy, but I also think we sometimes become lazy or lax about our swap commitments. Late swaps are also annoying to all!

scraphappy908
01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
As a member of this community from almost the beginning I have to say that we haven't had too many problems with this until this past year. It was becomming almost a regular thing. I know that many times something happens in our personal lives and we're thrown a curve ball. But there are many Shackies that are willing to be "angels" for you and take your place.

I appreciate the fact that our Shack Administrators and Moderators are taking this seriously. I hope this doesn't make anyone shy away from participating in swaps. Remember there are always other alternatives available instead of just not following through on one's commitment to the swap. Heck! I've even had nightmares about forgetting a swap myself! That's why I always print them out and arrange them by due date. I have them paper clipped and hanging in front of me at my work table as a reminder!

ShackHost
07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

It has come to my attention that someone who had been banned for flaking recently came back using their previous account as a Plus member and started participating in swaps again. In the event of a technical error of this sort rest assured we will come in and clean up the new posts and delete them from the flaker. We are figuring out what happened to allow this.

If you are a flaker and somehow post here again in the swaps. We will need to ban your account even at the basic level for life and by computer address as well! This is inexcusable as you are part of a community here and are blatantly disrespecting the wishes, rules, and agreements that make this community special.

I am very serious about enforcing the rules people expect to be followed here. I know our Plus members pay dues for expecting a maintained and consistent environment that is enjoyable to be part of. I appreciate your patience when these little things pop up.

Mike

MnMommy2
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear some folks are being dishonest and returning and flaking yet again. I've only backed out of a few swaps in early June (requested Angels) due to some personal issues, I felt horrible in doing that, but wasn't in the frame of mind for craftiness. I really do enjoy this site and hope everyone can be respectful of the rules and each other. Thank you for keeping an eye on the situation.

cindi
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
thanks Mike, we appreciate it

Mrs. StampFantasy
07-25-2011, 02:03 PM
What is a "Flaker" ???

mahodgman
07-25-2011, 02:23 PM
What is a "Flaker" ???

A flaker is someone who joins a swap and doesn't follow through with thier commitment. Or a hostess who doesn't return swaps sent to her/him.

Mrs. StampFantasy
07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
A flaker is someone who joins a swap and doesn't follow through with thier commitment. Or a hostess who doesn't return swaps sent to her/him.

Ah, ok. Thank you ! :-)

ccstampin12
07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
What is a "Flaker" ???

Alex,
A flaker is a person who signs up for swaps and then does not send their swap cards or ATCs out to the hostess. Or a hostess who does not swap out the cards or ATCs, so that no one ever gets anything back from the swap.
Hope this helps!
Joanie

Paula Carden
07-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks StampShack Mike for keeping this a great place to swap, stamp and post.
We deeply appreciate it.

iloveflipflops
07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you, thank you!!!

Mrs. Fence
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Ditto on the thanks for keeping us a no flake zone! It is appreciated!

RubberLady603
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Yay! No flakers! Thanks!

penelope
07-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Thank you Thank you although when a person flakes you get many times your own cards back. That has always irritated me, so again Thanks. - Penelope aka Nancy

penelope
07-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Did you also see how many people viewed this thread, that is amazing.- Nancy

Mrs. StampFantasy
07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Alex,
A flaker is a person who signs up for swaps and then does not send their swap cards or ATCs out to the hostess. Or a hostess who does not swap out the cards or ATCs, so that no one ever gets anything back from the swap.
Hope this helps!
Joanie

Thank you, Joanie !

CharityHand
07-26-2011, 08:53 AM
So I didn't even think about the hostess flaking! That is baaaaad.

ccstampin12
07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
We never got our "knitting" ATCs back...that was about 2 years ago!
Joanie

CharityHand
07-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Yikes! I guess you would consider that theft when you take into account all the postage that she made off with! Booo!

HeatherJ
07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I have never been in a swap here that the hostess flaked, but I have on SCS.

MnMommy2
07-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I was in a swap over at the Two Peas site years ago, a person flaked and I actually got the swap back with a lengthy apology note 4 years later. This was a fibers swap when those were real popular.

loobylou
07-27-2011, 06:56 AM
I was in a swap over at the Two Peas site years ago, a person flaked and I actually got the swap back with a lengthy apology note 4 years later. This was a fibers swap when those were real popular.
oh my goodness! 4 YEARS late!That has got to have taken some guts to send them out after all that time.

milmogando
07-27-2011, 07:46 AM

omg the guilt they must have suffered!

MnMommy2
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
yep, everything came back to me, my own extra postage came back to me to.

MnMommy2
07-27-2011, 10:56 AM
oh my goodness! 4 YEARS late!That has got to have taken some guts to send them out after all that time.

I guess so, she had some story like she was getting divorced and had a tough time doing anything, etc and wanted to make it right. lol