PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard 2011...

mydogstinks2
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Holy snow Batman!!

Really coming down here. Schools closed tomorrow, Some bussiness are closing too. Traffic is almost at a stand still going down our road. The wind is just CRAZY!! The gusts are hitting the house so hard it rattles the windows. Omlette is freeking out about it and keeps trying to crawl under me. He is such a big baby!

We are suppost to get 24+ inches with snow drifts of 4 - 8 feet!! :arghh:

We have nice open fields all around us. Guess where all that blowing snow will be?? Ya, you guessed right, my house!!

workin4stamps
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm with you Chris!! Our forecast isn't QUITE as bad as yours, but I am also out in the GREAT WIDE OPEN!!! At 5:00 today it hadn't even started snowing yet, and I couldn't even get through my driveway because of all the snow drifts. Had to wait for my BIL to come and plow me out to get my car in the garage. Tomorrow I am not going anywhere!!!

cindi
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Chris do you have some one to plow for you?? I sure hope so. I'm happy to see you finally got on the shack! stay warm and safe
:)

GSMom385
02-01-2011, 10:03 PM
The drift out my front window is so high I can't see the street any longer. Pretty sure we are going to be stuck at home tomorrow. School is already canceled and the teenage has been singing and dancing around here all night and has even resorted to cleaning her room. <gasp>. God bless the snow!!!!!! There are miracles every now and then, if a little snow gets the room cleaned amen, he does work in mysterious ways sometimes.

cindi
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
The drift out my front window is so high I can't see the street any longer. Pretty sure we are going to be stuck at home tomorrow. School is already canceled and the teenage has been singing and dancing around here all night and has even resorted to cleaning her room. <gasp>. God bless the snow!!!!!! There are miracles every now and then, if a little snow gets the room cleaned amen, he does work in mysterious ways sometimes.

ROTFL!!
well then, by all means,. bring on the snow! and does that give you a chance to stamp your day away??
:)

maxiesmom
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Yep, pretty much all the schools in the Detroit area are closed as well. No work for me either, doctor cancelled our day on Monday, heck half of our patients called themselves and cancelled! So far we look to have only about 3", but we'll have lots of drifting too, being on a main road. However the maniacs are still driving down our street kinda fast, dumb!

spredbirds
02-02-2011, 01:48 AM
it is REALLY bad here .... this might be the first time ever in my career that work actually closes. The roads are so bad! The National Guard is out ... the drifts are INCREDIBLE!!!

Lori
02-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Round 2 started here. We don't have the wind, thats a good thing...I just don't know where we are going to put 20-30 more inches of snow. My deck is up one story, and the snow we have shoveled off, is up to the railing...

Paula Carden
02-02-2011, 06:21 AM
WOW you guys need to stay in and stamp...we just have rain :( and wind not snow.
Be careful!!!

mydogstinks2
02-02-2011, 06:25 AM
I've only been able to see just a little outside this morning trying to shove the dogs out. I'm assuming the black things all over my yard are shingles from my roof! My insurance should cover that right???

Lori
02-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Not to be mean...but maybe they are the neighbors shingles...Did the dogs go out? I have to work, someone needs to shove me out the door....

iloveflipflops
02-02-2011, 07:25 AM
WOW. I am so glad its not here!!! Remember I used to love snow? Ok, I've changed my mind!!! No snow here and I don't care if I see any!!!!

workin4stamps
02-02-2011, 09:18 AM
One of my neighbors came and plowed us out already this morning. Love neighbors!!! Brian already went to work despite the fact that we are in a Level 3 Snow Emergency which means only emergency personnel are supposed to be on the road!! I don't have to leave until about 1:30 to take Bailey to the Vet. Everything should be fairly good by then.

maxiesmom
02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
WOW. I am so glad its not here!!! Remember I used to love snow? Ok, I've changed my mind!!! No snow here and I don't care if I see any!!!!

Yep, it doesn't take too long till one feels that way about snow does it??

MidwestStamper
02-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow--it really sounds bad for you guys! It's one thing to hear reports on the news, and another to actually know people who are suffering in those areas! Stay safe and warm! Glad to see most of you still have your power though--that's the biggest bummer during some of these storms--loosing power!

We 'only' got about 3 inches here and now we have the wicked wind and bitter cold temps. But since I'm in the middle of the city we can get around just fine and it's business as usual. We've already been dumped on during December and January! I think the weather man said that we had some trace of snow for 28 of the 31 one days of January!

shadoob
02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
too funny!

MnMommy2
02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
i'm sick of winter already, we haven't been slammed with snow, its just that its been horribly cold. we've been as low as -27 degrees this year (thats not the windchiill either)
today its -10 degrees, we got about 3.2 inches of snow on Monday.

jazzypurple853
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
How many days till spring???????????????

suzi_f
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
We were supposed to have "HISTORIC" snow & ice. 1" of ice covered by up to 20" of snow. We got a tiny bit of ice, 1.5" sleet & trace amounts of snow. I'm sorry but I feel a little ripped off. I was expecting to be snowed in & we're not. I'm sure we'll have school tomorrow. Public schools probably won't as we're supposed to be down to -3 tomorrow morn w/dangerous wind chills. I'm sure THAT they'll get right! LOL

mydogstinks2
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
47 days until spring!!!

The shingles are from my roof. I guessing about half of the front side, nice! There is a lot of snow up there so it's hard to see how many for sure.

The dogs have been out a few times. I don't think the little ones left the porch. Omlette LOVES it he goes out jumping in it.

spredbirds
02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
We got 20 inches officially over night ... I have some great pics over on my facebook page ... my favorite is of my dog charging through the snow!

Spartymom
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
It's sunny here now. We spent 1.5hrs. snowblowing and shoveling our driveway. Some are wondering if we'll have a snowday tomorrow. We have kids that live in rural areas and their roads may not be plowed yet.

Paula Carden
02-02-2011, 06:52 PM
WOW -you guys have gotten the snow!!

lakeslady
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
BAD news about the snow there in the USA. Yes we get it alot but not to the extremes you seem to have .
My shackie friends please stay safe and keep checking in so we know you are OK. Not too bad if you have family at home, but I suspect it could be very frightening if you are home alone.
Take care God Bless.

HeatherJ
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
It looks like it is over hear although some say that is just a lull until the next band off to our left hits. I am predicting it is over, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :) Poor DH is exhausted from all the shovelling and I expect he will be a tad sore in the morning! I enjoyed my storm day today, but did get a lot of lesson planning done, some cooking and reading. A nice day indeed!

Lori
02-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Another trip over the mountain today....Same patient....Very strange day. It had stopped snowing for awhile. Snowing hard again, and the wind is really whipping. Dh got called out at 2 AM, haven't seen him since. He's got to be whooped. Tomorrow is supposed to be a better weather day....