PDA

View Full Version : Coloring on the go... what do you bring/use??

pesc
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm wondering if any of you bring their coloring stuff with them while waiting somewhere? If yes what kind of coloring tool do you use? (pencil, copics, waterpencil?) Do you put them in a pencil case? What do you do with your images?

I'm looking for a convenient solution that will not take to much space, that I would not need a table and that my pencils will not be on the floor all the time!!

Any idea suggestions?

cindi
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I use one of the plastic cases that stampin up stamps come in for my images, that way they don't gte bent. I bring my copics in a gallon ziplock baggie and my bic mark it;s in the case they came in. I take these to work with me whenever I know I have gaps between appointments
:)

kerry
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
I usually take my stuff (markers and prestamped images) in a container similar to this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18pc-2.7qt-Modular-Latch-Box-Set-Navy/15136542. I like one container that can hold my markers and my images and also can be a little "desktop" for me to color on.

pesc
02-04-2011, 09:03 PM
This is really interesting! I like the idea of the ziploc.. you can move your pen around and see exactly where they are... Love also the idea of that clear box that you can color on top if it's flat! Any other great idea!?

Desert Stamper
02-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I take images in a ziplock baggie, clipped on a clipboard (which serves as my travelling "desk".) My colored pencils and a tiny sharpener are in one of those plastic "back-to-school" pencil boxes that are 99 cents at Walmart.

pesc
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I've just talk with one of my friend and we will put stamp images in a mini files and label the tuxedo black stamp image from the palet one and so on. This way we will know if I have to color it with watermarker or alcool ink marker... does not really matter for prismacolor pencils..
I love all your ideas... If only I could find a mini clipboard! That would really great in the clear box filled with my pencils and markers separate in ziplocs! ...

cindi
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Pascale I have seen mini unfinished clipboards in the dollar bins at Ac moore, and Micheals. maybe you can find one.

kimmyqtgirl
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't use this but they do sell those clipboards that are a plastic or metal case. I know Walmart had the plastic ones. If your pencils and markers would fit in that you could have it all in one spot. I used to have a bag that had my supplies, but now I have too much. LOL

GSMom385
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I have my copics in a tackle box bag that I travel with all the time ( I cover a 8 state territory so I travel alot) ($15 at Wally world is where I got it, thru away the plastic parts inside and just use the hard sided cloth tackle box part). In the bag I have a small clip board and stamped images in ziploc in the side pockets. This goes with me during the week when I travel and into the hotel room. When I get there I unzip the top and lay the bag on its side, which makes a great marker display case so you can see all the ends nicely to pick the colors. I also carry a ott light book size light in there because hotel lights suck to see by. If I am just running from one kids game to another and want a quick project I have small zipper pouches from creative memories that are mesh you can see thru, I will pull out a few markers for a project and a couple images and toss them in one of those. I normally keep 2 of those little bags inside my tackle box bag for the quickie toss together project. Those fit in my purse easily even with the small clip board so I clip the little mesh bag to the board and drop it in my purse.

If I am flying the airlines aren't crazy about my tackle box full of markers because it is so heavy so I have a couple of marker wallets I use instead and throw in my carry on bag.

Lori
02-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I have my markers and pencils in an Artbin bag, similar to Cindy's tacklebox. I also carry my images in SU clamshells. Thats what I use for slow time at work. If its a trip to the drs or DD's MRI's I pull one of the boxes out and use a mini clipboard.

ccstampin12
02-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I have used the CTMH covered carriers for my copics...they are portable but bulky...do fit in a suitcase.
I'll be traveling soon and plan to put Copics by color into zip locs and then into a larger baggie.
For little projects, I will stamp all images, color one with a color chart for the project and put all the markers and images, plus the sample and color chart into one zip loc. Really handy when I cannot take all of my Copics along.
Joanie