PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Donating 27 Dresses to Girls in Need

hbpuppy
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm collecting/making 27 dresses to send to the organization Hope 4 Kids International's "Dress a Girl Around the World" campaign. Anyone can help me by:

Making pillowcase dresses using any pattern (this is a good one)
(http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/pillowcasedresspattern.htm)
or

Sending me cute pillowcases that my friends and I can make into dresses.

It's a great organization and a fun project. I love the motto: "Because Every Girl Deserves at Least One Dress."

Let me know if you can help. I would like to receive all the donations by April 1st. Thanks so much.

ccstampin12
02-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Heather,
I will try to find some cute pillowcases.
I will actually be in Carlsbad the end of March for DD's baby shower.
We'll be there from March 23-28. If there is any chance you'd be able to meet up, I'd bring them with me, otherwise I'll mail them to you.
{You rock, by the way!}
Joanie

hbpuppy
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Hand delivery sounds great to me, Joanie. I love an excuse for a So Cal Girls meet-up.

btw, you rock, Joanie!

ccstampin12
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM
BTW...the link you provided doesn't work for me...not sure about anyone else.
I'd love to see a picture of some of the dresses so I'll know what I'm looking for.
Joanie

midnitecreations
02-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I can barely sew a straight line, so I will look for some pillowcases. Send me a pm with your addy. Since I'll be sending pillowcases, is the deadline the same, or do you need these earlier.

Nancy
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I bought my pillowcases at Goodwill. - Nancy

hbpuppy
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Joanie, hmm, don't know why the link doesn't work. Try this one (http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/pillowcasedressdirectionsrev.pdf). Also, here is some inspiration: 8627 These are some girls modeling their new dresses in the Philippines.

Renu, pillowcases would be awesome. If you could send them out a little earlier that would be great.

Nancy, score! I love a bargain and recycling is wonderful.

Thank you so much ladies.

suzi_f
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I'll be on the lookout for some cute pillow cases. Link worked for me; CUTE dress!!!

hbpuppy
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks Suzi!

midnitecreations
02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
As soon as I get them, I'll send you a pm

ccstampin12
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
They are so cute!
I can hardly wait to go shopping!
Joanie

shadoob
02-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I bought my pillowcases at Goodwill. - Nancy

Very smart, mommy!

hbpuppy
03-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey ladies, just a friendly reminder that I need the pillowcases/dresses in a couple weeks. Let me know if you have any questions.

And, it is not too late to jump in if you would like to help. There are so many needy girls around the world who will be very grateful.

ccstampin12
03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Mine went postal yesterday...be looking for a box soon, Heather!
Joanie

hbpuppy
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Joanie! :)

Patty
03-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I'll be out in the a.m. looking for pillowcases. those are adorable...and a great cause.

midnitecreations
03-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Heather,

Sorry, I've been so late in sending mine in. My knee was still bothering me and I've had a bit of a trouble driving, so had to wait till Dh could drive me. I found these beautiful pillow cases today. In fact, I loved it so much I bought myself a set in a color scheme that works in my bedroom!

Anyway, these pillowcases came in a "pouch" which is a finished size of 9" x 6". It's the same print as the pillowcase. The beauty of the pouch is that the top is folded over and has snap button closure. It would look great as a purse to go with the dress. All it would need is probably a coordinating ribbon for a strap that goes with the dress. Since everyone is only making dresses, would this be appropriate to send along?

hbpuppy
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Renu, that is such a cute idea. Matching purse. OMG, can you just imagine how excited that little girl will be?

I love that you bought yourself the same set. Then, every night when you go to bed you can imagine the girl whose life you blessed.

hbpuppy
03-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Mail Call. I received two big boxes today.

Thank you Patty for the gazillion pillowcases! I think that they will make many girls very happy. They are pretty neutral prints so I have a few ideas for some fun, bright strap colors like purple or turquoise.

And, thank you Joanie. I love your little drawing for embellishing the dresses. And oh goodness, you are such a sweetheart to add the cute buttons, lace, elastic and bias tape. I will put them to good use and have fun doing it. :)

Thank you both so much for helping me in my project. :)

ccstampin12
03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Glad I could help.
Sorry I couldn't deliver them in person!
Joanie

hbpuppy
04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Mailcall. I received a great package from Renu this week. The pillowcase is a great pattern and I love that pouch. It will make a really cute purse. Thank you so much!

midnitecreations
04-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm so glad you got them. I wish I'd had thought of adding buttons and such nots. I don't sew and honestly didn't think of getting those. I can pick up those and mail them out to you.

hbpuppy
04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Renu, you are so sweet but don't worry about it. I'm super excited about making that little bag into a purse. I think that I can use the top part of the pillowcase that I cut off to make the strap. Hmmmm. I'll take a picture of it when I'm done.

midnitecreations
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Would love to see it. Next time, I'll know better!