PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be taking a break from swapping.

jazzypurple853
03-06-2011, 11:44 AM
After I finish the swaps that I have joined and or hosting. I am taking a break from swapping.

Lately every time I work on a swap, I'm having great difficulties. I'm having trouble picking what paper to use, what matches the paper etc. Even as I work on the swap, I'm not satisfied with what I"m doing. I'm getting very frustrated. The items have to be completed, cause there's a deadline to mail them out or have them completed.

At first, I thought it was only on one swap, but it's still going on.

Also, my area where I keep my stuff, is such a mess, I really need to do a clean sweep! I take what I need and I get the heck out of there!

I have a lot of stresses going on in my life, right now. I've also had health issues, on and off the past few months.

I had been thinking about this for a while , but yesterday I was working on a swap, and was having difficulities. So today I made the decision.

I do enjoy going into the gallery and see what everyone's created.

I am still planning on being on the message board.

ccstampin12
03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Shelley!
Sorry to hear all of this!
I hope your health issues will improve NOW!!!
As far as your MOJO goes, maybe a {short} break is just what you need.
In the meantime, do look at card magazines, mark things you like, and when you feel like creating again, look at those marked cards. Most layouts can adapt to ATCs too.
Good luck, and feel better!
Joanie

Lori
03-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow Shelley, I've felt the same way. I keep hoping it will pass.

I also need to clean out my stamp area. I think the mess scares the Muse away!

I hope things get better for you soon. Maybe a break and a Clean Sweep will make you a Swapping fool again!

Darleneh710
03-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I am a little in the same boat...but I just try to work on swaps when I find my mojo..I hope you get your health issues straightened out! Good luck!

jazzypurple853
03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow Shelley, I've felt the same way. I keep hoping it will pass.

I also need to clean out my stamp area. I think the mess scares the Muse away!

I hope things get better for you soon. Maybe a break and a Clean Sweep will make you a Swapping fool again!

I agree with you, I think part of it may be the mess! That is blocking the creativity!! This is the only room in my house, that is like this! I have stuff everywhere! I have a ton of stuff on the floor! I have to be careful where I step, there's so much craziness going on!

So I'm hoping once, I get in there and do a full clean sweep, without worrying about deadlines etc. I should get back to swapping in no time!

cindi
03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
take care of yourself first Shelley, sometimes a break is good. Plus it;s fun to create when you want, not by a time table.
Hugs
:)

Paula Carden
03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I hope your health issues will improve! Sorry to hear that you are having problems.
I for one sure like your creations but I do understand that sometimes you just got to clean everything up and start again.

Patty
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Absolutely---a break, like a vacation, is good for everyone at one time or another. Maybe fixing up your room will be theraputic...we all go through this, right now I guess it's just your turn. Feel better soon and I look forward to seeing you on the board.

RubberLady603
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Hope things get better soon as far as your health goes! I'm glad you will still come to visit even if you take a swap break! I go through spells too. Sometimes nothing works!