PDA

View Full Version : Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 10:04 AM
I am probably going to order milk and oj to be delivered to the scrap room on friday and saturday morning. I could also do Sunday, but I know that a lot of us like to go to the buffet for breakfast on Sunday, so I'm wondering if we would really need it on Sunday??

I figure with milk, we can bring our own cereal if we want...or drink it with the muffins that we usually have laying around...or whatever!!

I need to know how much to order, so please tell me

#1 which you would drink (milk or OJ) and how much (# of glasses) each morning

#2 would anyone like to have bagels and cream cheese delivered? they come by the dozen, so I will only do this if many people are interested....we could also do this on one day but not the other.....

#3 would anyone like me to get coffee?? I do not drink coffee, so those of you that do will have to tell me....can you get free coffee out in the lobby?? I do not know....

#4 oh and I guess I should ask do you want me to do anything for Sunday morning or NOT?

P.S. This is all included in what you already paid. You will not be paying any additional. Chances are everyone will still be getting some change, even with our food and drink orders included....

Thank you for your help and input!!!

mydogstinks2
03-09-2011, 10:12 AM
I would drink the juice.

FREE coffee in the lobby, don't order that.

Bagels would be good. I would eat one.

mydogstinks2
03-09-2011, 10:17 AM
stinkycheese says:

she would use milk for her oatmeal and drink juice.

bagels would be good too.

tojoco
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Is oatmeal available for free? --- then I would ditto stinkycheese. Otherwise, I would drink juice; I love bagels so definitely I would have 1 bagel and definitely need coffee (with milk).

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
No Joanne....there is nothing available for free that I know of other than coffee! There isn't a continental breakfast or anything. I have brought instant oatmeal packets in the past and had that... they also have hot water available in case you want to make tea or cocoa or something.

Since there is a restaurant on site, they don't offer a continental breakfast. Some people go to the dining room and eat, and others of us usually just bring stuff that we can eat. We usually have LOTS of snacks on hand (anything that won't spoil).

Technically, they ask us not to bring our own food, but we always have a whole table filled with food and nobody has EVER said anything to us. Now we did get in trouble last year when they found out we were drinking! Because SHERRI didn't get a liquor permit for us. LOL!!! so now we've learned how to hide it!

I plan to bring my own cereal since we will have milk. We always go to WalMart at least 5 times a day, so you can buy anything you would like once you get there too..

Spartymom
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Love it. I would have the oj. coffee is in the lobby. Oh bagels and cream cheese would be a treat for breakfast. Sunday morning is buffet time in the restaurant. Yeah. I did not know we got in trouble for the liquor..

suzi_f
03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Don't drink coffee, not a fan of juice, LOVE bagels but only plain (preferably ones that have never had illicit contact w/a blueberry. Ewwwwwwww!), will probably make a McDs run as that is my breakfast of choice but could probably be talked into a breakast buffet.....

kimmyqtgirl
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I do enjoy orange juice, definitely skip the coffee there is coffee, tea, and I thought cocoa packets for free. I am bringing my travel coffee mug this year those styrofoam cups didn't hold so much - I drink alot of coffee:) I am an oatmeal/cereal person too. I can plan ahead and bring some since there will be milk! That was pretty smart thinking Traci! Bagels I can take or leave. If they are there I am sure I will partake, if not no biggie! I know we always have a TON of food. I will keep it in mind to hide the booze! I didn't know you guys got busted last year. Remember the drunk people the first year trying to get in our room ha ha ha..

MidwestStamper
03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
I HAVE to make it to Palooza one of these years! It sounds like so much fun!

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes Lidia!!!!! We would sure love to see you!!! maybe we'll have to come up your way again sometime!!

cindi
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
plus girls can make sombreros and screwdrivers!!
;)

suzi_f
03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I HAVE to make it to Palooza one of these years! It sounds like so much fun!

Fly to StL & drive w/Joanne & me!!!! The party bus!!!

iloveflipflops
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I would love milk but I can drink oj if everyone else does. I will bring my own oatmeal or cereal for all 3 days. I don't think we need anything for Sunday. I will have to leave nice and early on Sunday so once again I will have to skip the Sunday buffet, like I did last year.

I have LOTS of hot chocolate mix already made up and i can bring that for everyone. Who has the kahlua? :)

maxiesmom
03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Technically, they ask us not to bring our own food, but we always have a whole table filled with food and nobody has EVER said anything to us. Now we did get in trouble last year when they found out we were drinking! Because SHERRI didn't get a liquor permit for us. LOL!!! so now we've learned how to hide it!

How did I not know we got in trouble for the booze last year?? What happened? Do I live under a rock? And here I was already planning on a 6 pack of individual margaritas.

I didn't answer the question, got all sidetracked. I am good with bagels, OJ. Are we doing chips and dip and soda in the afternoon again? I'm up for the brunch on Sunday too.

I've been meaning to ask if anyone is interested in a turtle cake. Kind of like a brownie, but with lots of nuts and chocolate and caramel. It's really rich so that would go well with the milk. I didn't know if I should with all the dieters. I've been craving making one but that is not something I can have in a house with 2 people!
Or we could do veggies and be slightly healthier. Just cause I have no self control doesn't mean...

cindi
03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
oh ladies, learn from a pro.. either use plastic insulated cups with lids, or what I do a diet coke bottle with a nipper in it..no beer cans/bottles.

:)

kimmyqtgirl
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
did you girls get in trouble at spring or fall palooza?

iloveflipflops
03-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Rumor has it "I was in charge of the Fall Palooza" so that means I was in charge of the alcohol permit that we were told we must have to have alcohol in the conference room. We just hid it better and didn't keep it out anymore. Do you remember reading about the flying fish? We did that too. HA

No turtle cake for me. Veggies would be nice :).

tojoco
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Since it would be tough for me to bring any food, is there a Walmart or some type of store where I can purchase my share of "dieting food?"

Also, is there a Starbucks or coffee house near by where I can get an iced coffee or would we have ice in our rooms.

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes we go to WalMart 5 times a day I think. I have no idea about Starbucks since I don't drink coffee. Maybe Chris would know. There are ice machines all over the hotel.

We got in trouble for having alcohol at Fall Palooza. Not Spring. Sorry if I confused anyone!!! It was Sherri's fault. She neglected to get a liquor permit. Chris offered to whip them one up out of some patterned paper and rubber stamps....but I don't think they were amused.

Kathy, I think your turtle cake sounds yummy. If you want to make it, then by all means bring it!! Just because some of us are dieting doesn't mean nobody can bring any bad food! I have learned to have willpower, and when I don't I just take it all back off later. Life happens!

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Kathy--I have been thinking about what to do for the afternoons. In the past, we have had SOOO many snacks, that many times the chips and pretzels didn't get eaten.

This is what I'm thinking...you all tell me if you agree or disagree. I'm thinking Thursday I'm not going to order ANYTHING--for either the morning OR the afternoon. So they will just keep us stocked with water. Then Friday I was going to do chips OR pretzels, and then Saturday I was going to do the opposite thing.

This year they have "nachos" listed on the menu with chips and pretzels. I think that's new. I need to ask them about that. Usually you always get a dip of some kind with the chips OR the pretzels, so I'm wondering if nachos means tortilla chips with a cheese dip?? I'm going to ask...............

I don't think we ever had them give us soda. It was either iced tea or lemonade. We get our own soda out of the machines because it's cheaper. The last couple of times I think we even skipped the iced tea and lemonade because we had determined in the past that nobody really drank it.

HOWEVER---if anyone would like either, I would be happy to order it. Just let me know.

tojoco
03-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Traci, I don't really understand all of this. Does this Inn supply us with snacks and drinks during the day?

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I am paying for the snacks and drinks out of your scrap room fee. They have free coffee in the lobby, and others have said they have hot tea and maybe hot chocolate available?? I cannot say that for sure because I've never used any of it. They will set up a water station in our scrap room and keep it filled. Other than that, we pay for the other stuff. That's why I'm asking what everyone would like.

maxiesmom
03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
That sounds fine to me, that way maybe we won't end up with so many snacks? It seems every year we end up with more and more food, one of these days they'll say enough with you Shack people. Do they have a veggie option? I can always bring some stuff, cutting up veggies is no biggie. Or we can have some fruit too. All I could remember is that it was a dark liquid in the pitcher! Didn't we get a case of diet soda at Wal Mart too?

Maybe I should just bring some brownies as usual and make the turtle cake for my bosses birthday. I feel bad since so many are trying to be good and with Suzi's diabetes, I don't want to be the bearer of temptation. You guys can tell me yea or nay.

So seriouly, there is a liquor permit you can get? Wow.

maxiesmom
03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I am paying for the snacks and drinks out of your scrap room fee. They have free coffee in the lobby, and others have said they have hot tea and maybe hot chocolate available?? I cannot say that for sure because I've never used any of it. They will set up a water station in our scrap room and keep it filled. Other than that, we pay for the other stuff. That's why I'm asking what everyone would like.

Yes, the coffee station has coffee, hot water, tea bags- regular and decaf and I think a few flavors, cocoa. It is a very nice set up, I get tea all weekend long.

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
These numbers are *approximate*, but this is how it goes: The room is costing us $300 plus tax. I have collected over $500 from everyone for scrap room fees. I am using some of the extra money to buy us some snacks and beverages. I think that everyone is probably still going to get a refund even after I buy the food. (It won't be much, but maybe $4 or $5)

The rules for the conference rooms state that we are not supposed to bring in our own food, and we are supposed to get food and snacks from them. We have ALWAYS had a ton of food there, and they have never said anything to us. HOWEVER, we have always felt that by purchasing a few of their snack and beverage items, we are hopefully keeping them happy----so that they don't complain about all of our food that we bring. Does that make sense??? The stuff isn't cheap though, so we try to limit what we get to stuff we will actually USE and enjoy, without going over budget.

Does that help?

maxiesmom
03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Traci, I don't really understand all of this. Does this Inn supply us with snacks and drinks during the day?

Joanne, we usually buy some stuff from them so they don't give us any grief about all the stuff we bring in ourselves. Whoever wants to brings whatever they want, you don't HAVE to bring any food or anything. I'm just one of those people who feels they have to feed people! Whenever we go to the cottage I always bring a cake or some type of snacky food. It's in my DNA! :laugh:

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
So seriouly, there is a liquor permit you can get? Wow.

yes...but if you get it, THEY have to provide the alcohol!!! And it doesn't come cheap!!! LOL

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I think we're all afraid we might starve.....and that's why we bring so much food!!!!!!!!! LOL. Seriously...the last couple times it has been borderline ridiculous!!!! But I'm not complaining. I'll be the first to admit that I do love food!

maxiesmom
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
We will definitlely not be buying alcohol from them, I've seen their prices. We will continue to smuggle it in. And I think I can go on the record as saying that no one has ever starved at Shackapalooza. :nod:

mydogstinks2
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
LMAO!! This is a weekend you will never be hungry! LOL

There is NO starbucks or anything like that. It stinks!!!

There is: wal-mart, meijers & about every fast food place you can think of just 10 minutes down the road.

I think that if we take our booze to our rooms at night we will be ok. lol

workin4stamps
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
There is also a Subway, a Ruby Tuesdays, and a really good mexican restaurant................we usually hit all of those at least once.

tojoco
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Do we go to scrapbook stores too? In other words, I should bring extra cash! lol

iloveflipflops
03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I think the first time I went, I did go to Archivers and another stamp store but it was in Ft Wayne, if I remember right and it took awhile to get there. This last time I don't think we went anywhere except to the Walmart for snacks, the mexican restaurant and Subway. I love Subway :).

mydogstinks2
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
We have a small craft/hobby store about 10 minutes from my house so about 25 minutes from the Inn. They are "ok" if you just want a few little things.

There is a store called The Country Loft that is about 30 minutes from my house so about 45 minutes from the Inn.

Then there is Archivers, Micheals, Hobby Lobby, Joann's & the stamp store {stamping day and night} in Fort Wayne about 45 minutes from the Inn.

kimmyqtgirl
03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
I WANT TURTLE CAKE! I am like Traci, I have will power to not eat the whole thing but I am dying to try it. I am up for veggies, I always like munchies when I craft. I know we always have had a table full of munchies! I am getting so excited girls!!!1

shuggy
03-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I think that if we take our booze to our rooms at night we will be ok. lol

yes, and not leave it out on the table!!!

of course, i did come up with a good hiding place.

oh, can't wait for the new beverages i discovered!!!

Sweetpea
03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Traci, thanks for all your effort to keep us fed and watered!! Sounds like Kimmy & I will keep the coffee machine drained. Everything that you have mentioned will be great with me! I love bagles, oj, milk for my oatmeal (which I will bring) and we'll probably do the usual first walmart run for paper goods! It's going to be so fun!!! can't wait.

Fief14
03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Sorry for my late reply...missed this post when it was posted originally. I think the free lobby coffee provided by the Inn is really good coffee, I don't think we'd need to get some specifically for our room. I'll be drinking my fair share too. I'd have milk in my cereal and drink a glass of OJ too if we got it. If we had bagles and cream cheese, I'd partake in them as well. Since Sunday is more of just a pack up and go kinda day I don't think snacks etc would be wise--we'll probably have plently left over by then anyways. I'm all for the turtle cake, but I'll be passing on the booze :-)

spredbirds
03-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I do not need the milk or OJ (personally) but would like a bagel if we want those included. I like the Sunday breakfast as the last meal before I hit the road. Thanks!

I can not wait!

workin4stamps
03-23-2011, 07:17 AM
We will be getting 2 pitchers of milk and 2 pitchers of OJ Friday and Saturday morning at 8:00. They said they will bring it on ice so it will stay cool. We are also getting a dozen assorted bagels and cream cheese with a toaster. Friday at 3:00 we are getting chips and salsa, and Saturday at 3:00 we are getting pretzels and dip.

maxiesmom
03-23-2011, 08:05 AM
That all sounds super! Thank you for taking care of all this for us! :notworthy:

tojoco
03-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Thank Traci. Can't wait.