PDA

View Full Version : name on photos- how to?

dancing queen
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
A while back someone (it might have been cindi) told how to put our name or any other info on our photos. I've totally forgotten how and am asking for some HELP!!!! thanks.

loobylou
03-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I think you are asking about adding a watermark to your photos. I don't do it, but I know Angie does. Send a message to one of the ladies who you see with a watermark on their gallery pictures

dancing queen
03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks Sarah, I'll do that... have a great day!

suzi_f
03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I put a watermark on my blog photos. I do it in photoshop tho. If you have photoshop, pm me & I'll explain it. If you don't, I'm pretty sure that Angie & Sherri do it w/o. PM one of them & maybe they can help :)

iloveflipflops
03-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I had someone make mine (i have no idea how to make the actual watermark) and then I add it to my photos by using a free program called Gimp. I downloaded it from the internet and it was free. Its a little tricky to use but once you have it, i can try and walk you through it step by step.

ccstampin12
03-12-2011, 09:56 AM
This sounds so complicated.
Is this really necessary for someone without a blog?
Do I need a blog?
So far, the only reason I have felt 'left out' is when you need one to post somewhere.
So, back to the watermarks...why do we need them?
Joanie

dancing queen
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
This sounds so complicated.
Is this really necessary for someone without a blog?
Do I need a blog?
So far, the only reason I have felt 'left out' is when you need one to post somewhere.
So, back to the watermarks...why do we need them?
Joanie

Joanie, the reason I'd like to have one is because I've joined a photography group on facebook and I just feel I'd like a little protection for the photos I post. (honestly, I've never felt the need for one here at The Shack). :)

suzi_f
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
W/PSE, making the watermark & applying the watermark are REALLY easy!!!! If you can figure out the "gimp" program that Sherri's talking about, I'd be HAPPY to make you a simple watermark. I think they look cool on your pics....