PDA

View Full Version : Good news for my mom!

Darleneh710
01-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I posted some time ago..not sure when...about my mom...How I felt she needed to lose weight, but that she hates when anyone (incld me) mentions it to her...well I kinda have some good news. The good news is that her and my dad have started a diet/ eating better. My mom went to the doctor around Christmas time and was told that if she does not lose weight ASAP then she will become a diabetic. Both my parents have high blood pressure and my dad had a heart attack about 10 yrs ago. Also, my dad is good with exercising and losing weight as he has had to do it in the past for his health problems, but he got some bad news at the doctors office last week for himself...he was told that he is a heart attack waiting to happen. As much, as I don't like that both are in poor health..I am a little grateful as it has made them both concerned with their food intake and are taking care of theirselves. I told them about a website that I used to go on to find out how many calories you need to lose and to maintain and they listened to me! So, I just wanted to say that I am happy that my parents have decided to eat better and stick to it. They are hoping to lose about 80lbs by June (I think is what they said...can't remember lol). So, I am very happy.
tfl,

One more thing, my brother gained A LOT of weight since he has been married..I wish I could mention it, but it is a sore subject I think for most people...

Caboverde1
01-14-2007, 06:18 PM
That is great news..Im happy for you ALL! Weight loss is a struggle and being overweight wreaks havoc on your health. So cheers to getting healthy!

Tonii

kenzlane
01-18-2007, 08:28 AM
wonderful news. I think that weight loss is catchy...if your brother sees that his parents are winning the battle - he is most likely to jump on the band wagon & join in. Happy for your parents!

hutchink
01-18-2007, 09:18 AM
That is wonderful news! I think that it will be easier with both of them doing it! It will be hard for them, but I'm sure they can do it!

~K

ccstampin12
01-18-2007, 09:31 AM
will-power to your parents!!! LOL
Oh, if we could only really do that!
Hoping they will realize success on their road to better health~:cute:

Swanie78
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Thats great! Not only that you didnt have to pressure them into it and that the doctor got to break the bad news, but that they are actually doing something about it!!