PDA

View Full Version : Need to know

KarenM
03-26-2011, 05:53 AM
I am curious about what "case" means as in "I cased this card from...." I kind of understand that it means copied but wondered where the expression came from. When do you have to credit the originator? Inquiring minds want to know. :spinny:

loobylou
03-26-2011, 07:16 AM
I think "CASE" is Copy And Share Everything. My understanding of the etiquette is if you know who you got your idea from then the polite thing to do is to credit that person, either with a link to where you saw their original card, or any details you can remember. Of course if you are anything like me, you see a million ideas when you are looking at blogs and somewhere down the track you might make a card inspired by the ideas you have seen, but have no clue where you saw them, and that makes it difficult to give credit where it is due.

cindi
03-26-2011, 07:22 AM
I have teh same take as sarah, and I too forget where I see stuff all the time.
:)

Patty
03-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I never heard/saw that expression used. Where have I been? My memory (or lack thereof) scares me. Please tell me it's new.

kerry
03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Yep, I agree with Sarah. I think though that in everything you see, you pick up little ideas without knowing it. You may pick up a certain style, or a certain technique but that to me isn't CASE. When I think of CASE, I think of a person directly using a card or project for inspiration (the layout, the colors, the measurements, the design...but maybe a different stamped image or embellishment). If it's a CASE in it's truest sense, to me it is VERY important to link back to that project and give credit where credit is due...

ETA...I liken it to publishing a paper...you give credit in a bibliography.

Kerry

KarenM
03-26-2011, 05:01 PM
You won't believe what I thought it was! I thought it was like when would-be burglars case a joint before robbing it- they look it over and memorize the layout etc. So they can go back and rob it. Too much Law & Order I guess!

iloveflipflops
03-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Too funny Karen!!

milmogando
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
lol it's probably both! ...but what sarah said:)

Patty
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Karen--I'm there with you....too much tv cop shows.

dancing queen
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Karen, I like your version the best... certainly makes sense to me (but, then again, a lot of things make sense to me that probably shouldn't).