PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Ciao and Sketch Copics

Rebecca
04-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Is it just the shape of the markers? I started with Ciao and recently purchased some from Archivers and Hobby Lobby all they carry is Sketch. Does anyone know what the difference between the two is? Thank you for your help!!

Paula Carden
04-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Most people prefer the Sketch- lays flat and numbers are on the end.
I have also been told that the Ciao is cheaper because it has about 1/3 of the ink that the Sketch has.
I have a combo of both types just because sometimes where I buy them the only color they have that I want maybe in the Ciao.
HTH

Rebecca
04-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you Paula! I do like the idea of the numbers on the ends, and more ink. Copics are by far my favorite markers to use.

milmogando
04-16-2011, 08:36 AM
i believe you can refill the sketch markers a little more easily through a tunnel in the side of the marker as well.
they are exactly the same in terms of their ink. colour availability varies between them.
i actually prefer the round shape of the ciao - i just find them easier to hold on to!

loobylou
04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Ciao's are only available in 180 colours, while Sketch markers come in over 300 colours. the only difference in a Ciao E00 and a Sketch E00 is the size if the barrell, and markings on it. The product is used in exactly the same way.

GSMom385
04-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Just to add to what Sarah said (all true by the way and good information) the Ciao only contain 3 cc's of ink and the sketch contains 5 cc's. They are not harder to fill, they fill the same way as the sketch, you just use less ink, and 3 cc's isn't much when you are filling them so people tend to over fill them. I dislike them due to the numbering system. Once you get used to using that to pick your colors, you will probably find it annoying. I took and made little number stickers for the ends of mine as I only have a few Ciaos, but I plan to replace them someday when I have the money or time. Ciaos were orginally developed as a lower cost version of the regular markers for children. That is why the barrel is smaller, for little hands. But the lower cost made them attractive to stampers and thus a love of the markers was born.

Rebecca
04-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks all!! I appreciate all the good information. I added 14 new markers to my stash yesterday and can't wait for my chores to be done, so I can hide away in my craft room to use them. I hope I have some good cards to post for Challenge #1. Have a great crafting day!!

Patty
04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
WOW...that's all good to know. Personally I prefer the rounded barrel.....more comfortable for me, but I do have a few that are other shapes.