PDA

View Full Version : It might be fixed!

Erin K
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Brian superglued it. He's not sure it will hold because apparently superglue doesn't take any flex. But I cut three times and it worked all three. Of course I'm very nervous with it, but I think it's fixed.

Oh I'm talking about my beloved paper trimmer I broke earlier if you are thinking, "what is this crazy girl talking about"

:) GIANT :)

Caboverde1
01-14-2007, 09:47 PM
YAY!! I would see if hes willing to replace it anyways.

Tonii

Erin K
01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I did email him, even is he has some reasonably priced replacement I'll probably get it, but the one I found was $20 and that's way too much.

We looked at it and figured out how it broke by the way, You can remove that plastic thingie but you MUST take the blade off first. Do NOT try to do it with the blade on. You will cry like me when it breaks!

Erin K
01-15-2007, 12:52 AM
It's not really fixed, the glue didn't hold, but I stuck some miracle tape on and it actually worked! I cut a bunch of cards and it was fine... So I'm holding my breath...

firefly
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Erin - when I read your post I could totally relate! I bought the Dahle very recently too and have been using it Alot! I can see how easily that blade might crack - stuff does get stuck underneath pretty often. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a spare plastic thingee because I'm sure I'll break mine too - very soon most likely.

Please post what you find out from Rusty - good luck! Sally