PDA

View Full Version : Heirloom Locations is very interesting.

ngreek
05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
All I can say is Loation, Location, Location. In late march early April I went to the Heirloom show in Portland, Oregon they had at the most I would say 15 booths and not alot of merchandise.. Other then Tessler who usually has a lot of ink pads and more. Also hardly anyone was there very small attendance.

So this weekend and about 2 hours away in Puyallup, WA there are about 30 or more booths. The place was packed and wow the supply people have. I would think since Portland is not that far from Puyallup you would have similiar attendence and vendors.

cindi
05-15-2011, 12:34 PM
the heirloom show I go to in west springfeild mass always has lots and lots of venders and shoppers
:)

maxiesmom
05-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Ours outside of Detroit always does a good business as well. At least WE spend our share of dough there.

RubberLady603
05-15-2011, 02:31 PM
The shows in Springfield have always been great! Lots of places to spend your money! LOL!

ccstampin12
05-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Money???
We're supposed to bring money???
HA
Joanie

HeatherJ
05-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, you would think that close together it would have been similar. Wish we had a show hear. If I was a promotor, I would SO be organizing a big stamp and scrap show!

mahodgman
05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry I missed it Nicole, but I'm sure my pocketbook will be thanking me soon....I'm about to go pay bills. Yuck! Can you give us some highlights?

Paula Carden
05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Did you buy lots?
Any new must haves out there?

Cynthiayb5
05-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Never been to an event like this before. I am looking forward to it. I understand money is necessary?

midnitecreations
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I went to one in Virginia Beach and they had quite a few vendors. However, there were not enough customers! The next year the vendors didn't want to do another convention in VA Beach, but they do one in Hampton every year. That's about 30-45 mins. apart. The one in Hampton is well supported by both vendors and customers!

Stampo
05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Puyallup was always one of the best shows when I did shows in the early 90s.

mahodgman
05-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Puyallup was always one of the best shows when I did shows in the early 90s.

Dang, and I missed you? I hadn't caught the stamp bug yet in the early 90s.

ngreek
05-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Well the show in Puyallup only had a few vendors that travel the other circuits (Scrap book expo and Creating Keepsakes). There was mostly the different companies from Idaho, montana Oregon and Washington. Rubberneckers was there and I enjoyed there stamps some real funny ones that remind me of the Art Impressions. Also there is a company called Locoal King Rubber stamps from Canada. I really like there stamps. I am a giraffe collector and they had a set that was all of giraffes. I love their animal stamps as they are very realistic looking animals.

New things humm.. the only new thing there was what my husband was demonstrating was the Stamp Maker. That is a neat thing. Technique wise there was a company that was embossing soft metals and using the alcohol inks with it... and ohh yes I had to get that.

That is my run down. On this show...

RubberLady603
05-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Never been to an event like this before. I am looking forward to it. I understand money is necessary?

Yup, lots of money! LOL! I learned a long time ago to know how much you plan on spending before you get there. Really easy to overspend on all the goodies!
Are you going to W. Springfield???

Patty
05-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Welcome to the Shack...AND to the Heirloom show...you can see the vendors if you go on line or google the show. In Mass it's 2 days, and we usually check out the vendors on line then bring list with us of either what we "need" or what we already have so we sort of know what we're looking for. Which show are you going to? Hope it's the Mass. one...

Stampo
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Dang, and I missed you? I hadn't caught the stamp bug yet in the early 90s.
Yup. I did a show almost every weekend. I'd just recover from one and be on the road or a plane to the next one. A really grueling schedule and I felt like I was in the circus. I started stamping in the 80s. Now you have an excuse to come to Las Vegas though!

ngreek
05-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Yup. I did a show almost every weekend. I'd just recover from one and be on the road or a plane to the next one. A really grueling schedule and I felt like I was in the circus. I started stamping in the 80s. Now you have an excuse to come to Las Vegas though!

My husband does the traveling shows now. It is very tiring and I do not even do all the shows with him. I will be in Dallas with him next month.