PDA

View Full Version : So Bummed...got some very bad/sad news from LSS

ccstampin12
05-24-2011, 12:10 PM
We all received an email from the owner of our beloved LSS.
They are closing it at the end of the summer.
I am so bummed. If I had the money, I'd singlehandedly go plump up business. I have to admit, I haven't been spending money there or anywhere lately. It just isn't coming in as fast as it's going out!
I wouldn't be the happy stampy girl I am if it weren't for Colorful Creations. I met almost ALL of my extremely good friends there. We have so much in common with our hobby and it's so sad to lose the hub of our togetherness.
I know some of you have actually been there to shop, so you'll know what a huge loss this will be to us. Their products are so different from those that are available in the 3 box stores we have here on the Cape.
All people will be missed.
HUGS
Joanie

suzi_f
05-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry for you!! I lost both of my favorite stamp/scrap stores :( So sad to see them go!

iloveflipflops
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh no ... is this where Jenn works? What will she do now? That was a nice store.

ccstampin12
05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I have no updates on anything.
I just hope all the girls who have been working there will find good jobs.
Jenn is the manager, so I wonder what she will be doing.
It worries me!
The economy just stinks. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but it did enter our minds that it could happen.
Just wish it were different.
Joanie

cindi
05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
what a bunmmer!! I hate to see teh LSS's close. sorry, Joanie
:(

jazzypurple853
05-24-2011, 03:18 PM
So sorry that this is happening.

There was one near me that was going to close. The owner wanted to retire. But the store had such a following, that the owner changed her mind, but changed the hours of the store and still be able to stay open.

I agree the big names stores just don't carry the same brands as the lss.

Most of the time I order online, because of what I'm looking for.

Stampo
05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
There used to be a great store in Provincetown called Norma Glamp's Rubber Stamps but it closed years ago... I've lost so many stores who used to buy from me but are closed now... there used to be six RS stores in Las Vegas and now I'm the only one and there used to be a scrapbooking store on every corner it seemed and now there are just two left and they're a long way from the Strip.

HeatherJ
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
What a shame. I hate to hear that,too.

midnitecreations
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I know how you feel Joannie. We had a LSS less a couple of miles from me and it closed almost 2 years ago. I got hooked on ATCs because we used to trade there and we'd have girls night out and so many fun things happening. Even though all the the girls still live just as close, I've barely hooked up with them in person, just on facebook. But, like you, most of us were spending less and less money there.

Patty
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
This is indeed sad news. Too bad a bunch of stampers couldn't get together and get a rs store up and running. wouldn't that be fun??? Just dreaming I guess...I agree about the big box stores...they have had the same stamps for years. Clearly a stamper doesn't do the ordering. Seems to me they order them the same way they order hammers or something...when you run out, just get more of the same. That's ok for glue and tape etc, but not the stamps. Just wishful thinking I guess.

iloveflipflops
05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I just think the way the economy is ... people are not spending like they used to and the poor stamp stores suffer. I know I don't go into my stamp store as much either and she has gone down to only 3 days a week. Thurs, Fri and Sat. now she is open. Her husband had a stroke in Dec and she said she just doesn't have the "traffic" to have the shop open Mon-Sat.

I will not be shocked if she closes but I will be upset :(

KarenM
05-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I hate to see this happen! Our 2 local SS closed a year ago and I miss them. I buy online now because the big box stores don't have any variety. We have a small SS downtown that stays open only because she's in a tourist attraction so she sells mostly to tourists. That means her selection is geared towards scrapbookers who want to make pages about their trip here. It's not stuff that I want to buy.

Darleneh710
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, Joanie. One of the LSS near me closed recently due to flooding. I've never been to that LSS, but now wishing I had...I've only been to The Cape once and that was many yrs before I got into crafting.