PDA

View Full Version : New book

inkinupstamps
05-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread started about what everyone is reading. I just wondered if anyone else has read THE MIDWIFE'S CONFESSION by Diane Chamberlain. OMG! I read this on our 13 hour drive to Indiana last weekend. It is a page turner. I think you'll enjoy it and do not think you've figured out all of the twists and turns because you'll be surprised at the ending. That's all I'm sayin'!

The Midwife's Confession was just published within the past month so get on your library's waiting list for it or load up your e-reader or grab a copy at the bookstore. I don't have any affiliation with the book or author at all but I just thoroughly enjoyed the story. I'm off to read more of Diane Chamberlain's books. Has anyone else read her past novels? I hear they are very good too.

Christie
05-27-2011, 11:57 AM
We should start a book club like Oprah had. I think that would be fun to share a book with other shackies! I'll have to put this one on my list to read.

inkinupstamps
05-27-2011, 12:09 PM
We should start a book club like Oprah had. I think that would be fun to share a book with other shackies! I'll have to put this one on my list to read.

Christie, I think a Shackie book club is a great idea! I love knowing what others are enjoying...and not enjoying as well. I've read a couple of real clunkers that were by authors with great reputations that left me wondering "What were you thinking?" But mostly I enjoy discovering new authors and genres that I haven't previously read.

Christie
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Christie, I think a Shackie book club is a great idea! I love knowing what others are enjoying...and not enjoying as well. I've read a couple of real clunkers that were by authors with great reputations that left me wondering "What were you thinking?" But mostly I enjoy discovering new authors and genres that I haven't previously read.

I'll ask the shackhost if they can make a new forum for books.

inkinupstamps
05-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Christie, I was thinking that it would be great if a BOOKS forum under daily dish could be added in the same area where recipes, pets, prayers, etc. are located. It would be a place to add what you're reading or about an author or ask others what they think. Just some thoughts.......

jazzypurple853
05-27-2011, 12:52 PM

that is an awesome idea!

tojoco
05-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I like this idea too. For my book club this month, we are reading Crooked Letter Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin and I am anxiously waiting to start it. Has anyone read it yet?

Christie
05-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I have asked them about making a forum. just waiting to hear back

inkinupstamps
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I like this idea too. For my book club this month, we are reading Crooked Letter Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin and I am anxiously waiting to start it. Has anyone read it yet?

Joanne, I haven't read it yet but on Goodreads GIVEAWAY section I've entered for a chance to win a copy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I win, but if not, I'll still look forward to knowing what you think of it and perhaps reading it sometime.