PDA

View Full Version : Mass heirloom show - how is it?

iloveflipflops
06-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Did ya see anything new? Was it crowded? Who bought what?

Is anyone going back today for round 2?

I REALLY wish I had gone since i was DEAD at Belks.

Lori
06-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Saw lots I wanted!!! Most of the new Tim Holtz stuff was there and I picked up what I could afford. Mostly it was great to just all be together! Thanks to Dee, I had wonderful time!!!8823

tojoco
06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Great picture Shackies. Looks like you are all enjoying each other's company. Possibly by this time next year, I could be back living in New Jersey and it will be easier for me to attend the show. Hope you are all having a blast.

Lori
06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh Joanne, that would be wonderful!!!!

Paula Carden
06-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Looks like fun!!! Call me jealous!! Everyone looks well!

ccstampin12
06-05-2011, 05:20 PM
We're home!
We stopped at Wrentham Village and found some cute baby clothes for our new granddaughter!
Looked around some more, but ended up with a package of undies from Hanes, and a shirt from J Jill!
That is all!
Now, the convention is another story!
I was most excited to get the mega mount and some background stamps from Impression Obsession. Got some regular stamps there too.
Of course there are several other places also, that I found things to 'need!'
Haven't added up the sales slips yet, but I probably won't want to know how much I spent.
yikes!
It was a great time to be together with the other 7 Shackies.
The man from Marco's Paper, made a speech before he did the prize drawings.
He said he understood what a difficult decision we all had as to whether or not to attend after the tornadoes.
He said they arrived Thursday and they went downtown and talked to some locals. He asked their opinion about the appropriateness of them being there, and he was told over and over again, that they were happy people were coming because the community and businesses needed the money that would be coming in.
It made the decision we made seem a bit like it was a good one after hearing that.
HUGS to all, and missed those who couldn't attend, or who we missed connecting with.
Joanie

cindi
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
just got home,,,it's 5:15, Tracey & I overslept a bit this morning..we wind up staying up until 2 am giggling at night. I had a fabulous time and I miss my new England shackies already. I'll post a pic or 2 in a bit after I get my crap settled..lol oh boy so many fun things to choose from at the show. It was a bit smaller this year but well attended and lots of fun. We did see quite a bit of tornado damage, it is a blessing I think that so much of the tornado spent time in the water as it could have been much worse. The local people were happy to see us in the area pumping $$ into their local economy..I felt good about going and am glad we all made it. Sherri & Joanne..we would LOVE to have you's next year! haha I'll post pics of loot later

:)

RubberLady603
06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm home too! Seeing everyone was absolutely the best part! Miss you guys already! Joanne and Sherri and everyone else just need to come visit all us Yankees! I stopped at my moms house for a little visit on the way home so just got home around 4:45 but it was good to break the ride up. Tomorrow I'll try to post a pic of my loot too. Going to hit the hay early tonight! No staying up giggling all night tonight! LOL!

Paula Carden
06-05-2011, 07:02 PM
We're home!
We stopped at Wrentham Village and found some cute baby clothes for our new granddaughter!
Looked around some more, but ended up with a package of undies from Hanes, and a shirt from J Jill!
That is all!
Now, the convention is another story!
I was most excited to get the mega mount and some background stamps from Impression Obsession. Got some regular stamps there too.
Of course there are several other places also, that I found things to 'need!'
Haven't added up the sales slips yet, but I probably won't want to know how much I spent.
yikes!
It was a great time to be together with the other 7 Shackies.
The man from Marco's Paper, made a speech before he did the prize drawings.
He said he understood what a difficult decision we all had as to whether or not to attend after the tornadoes.
He said they arrived Thursday and they went downtown and talked to some locals. He asked their opinion about the appropriateness of them being there, and he was told over and over again, that they were happy people were coming because the community and businesses needed the money that would be coming in.
It made the decision we made seem a bit like it was a good one after hearing that.
HUGS to all, and missed those who couldn't attend, or who we missed connecting with.
Joanie

CAnt wait to see what you do with the megamount and background stamps. I bought some last year-still in the pack.

Glad you all had a safe trip and fun too!
Post some pics of your loot!

iloveflipflops
06-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Great picture Shackies. Looks like you are all enjoying each other's company. Possibly by this time next year, I could be back living in New Jersey and it will be easier for me to attend the show. Hope you are all having a blast.

Wait a minute Joanne. What is this that MIGHT be happening? I thought you wanted to retire to FL. NJ is the wrong direction. LOL

iloveflipflops
06-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like everyone had a fabulous time!! Thanks for the updates ladies!!

Mrs. Fence
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm back home again and relaxing with my guys. It was a wonderful weekend! I am so glad we all got to go and enjoy ourselves. I agree with the others, it was sad to see the damage the tornado caused, but good to know we helped in a small way by contributing to the local economy. It was also fun to share "our" hotel with the displaced high school kids who lost their boarding school in the storm. Remember the look on that boy's face last night when Lesa and I asked him if he wanted his nails done like ours? Priceless! ;)

cindi
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm back home again and relaxing with my guys. It was a wonderful weekend! I am so glad we all got to go and enjoy ourselves. I agree with the others, it was sad to see the damage the tornado caused, but good to know we helped in a small way by contributing to the local economy. It was also fun to share "our" hotel with the displaced high school kids who lost their boarding school in the storm. Remember the look on that boy's face last night when Lesa and I asked him if he wanted his nails done like ours? Priceless! ;)

oh ya..that was great!!!
there were a bunch of exchange students from different countries staying at our hotel because the tornado damaged their housing.. I have to say..they seemed to be enjoying the hotel & all the perks of staying there!

Cynthiayb5
06-05-2011, 11:44 PM
OMG!! What a fabulous weekend for the newbie. Not only was I able to meet some wonderful women from the Shack. I was able to shop two days in a row!, I think I was talking about how under control I was on Sat. Well, I changed my profile on Sun. Impression obsession did me in. That list I had? Forget it. It was so nice to meet you all. How fortunate I am to have found such fun and talented people. Thanks again.

Lori
06-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Thats why I didn't go back on Sunday!!! And Impression Obsession got a big chunk of my budget on Saturday!!! It was so fun to meet you Cindy!!

Mrs. Fence
06-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Yes, Cindy (with a Y), it was so nice to meet you too!!! I'm so glad you came with us. We all had a great time!

cindi
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I am glad you came with us, Cindy with a y!! It was great meeting you, it was like meeting a long lost friend!

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Uhm... next year we will depend on Sherri to do all the reporting from the show with help from Joanne! Hint,hint.........

Mrs. Fence
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Uhm... next year we will depend on Sherri to do all the reporting from the show with help from Joanne! Hint,hint.........

yes, ditto that for me!

Christie
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM
glad every one had a great time. maybe one of these years i can join you!!

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh yes Christie!

cindi
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
glad every one had a great time. maybe one of these years i can join you!!

start saving and come next year!!!

Patty
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
OMG what a wonderful weekend. I was so exhausted I took a nap as soon as I got home. Then when I woke up I went to bed. Such a wonderful time, so much laughing...too bad it had to end. I haven't added anything up yet (no hurry for that), but I think I behaved myself pretty well. I went with a couple of lists: copic refills, bought 7 of those; some inkpad reinkers, mostly for marvy pads; a few stamps and some bellies. I also bought some paper to use with copics. Met Cindy with a Y, LOVE HER!!! Joanne, Christie...plan on the first weekend of June...that's usually when the convention is. You just GOTTA come next year. We were all talking about a long weekend where we JUST STAMP AND TALK!!! We NEED that!!!

Mrs. Fence
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
YEs, Christie, you NEED to come next year!!!!!