PDA

View Full Version : Mega Mount learning curve...

Lori
06-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Played with it again this morning. Last night I was just trying it on my teflon sheet. This morning I was actually stamping on my counter with my stamping mat underneath. It was working perfectly! I think maybe you need that bit of cushion!! So now I'm rockin' the block!!! LOL!!!

ccstampin12
06-06-2011, 08:44 AM
You're right, Lori.
She was stamping on a thick tablet of paper. She also said a mouse pad works well.
Have fun!
Joanie

cindi
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
oh ya..I'll be playing with mine today!
:)

Lori
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
After she stamped the bricks, I didn't hear anything but the voices in my head, saying YOU NEED THAT!!!!

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 09:17 AM
After she stamped the bricks, I didn't hear anything but the voices in my head, saying YOU NEED THAT!!!!

ROTFL! That thing just jumped into my hand! Those bricks got me too!

ccstampin12
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I need to see what I bought. I think I did not get the bricks, but did spend a bundle on others!
wow...DO NOT want to see that credit card bill!
Joanie

cindi
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
those bricks were super cool, and that girl demoing was great!!

Cynthiayb5
06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
See, that's where I really got in trouble. Played with the mega roller thing last night, making "paper" to match my stamped image. It is so cool. I wish I didn't have to work to support my habit.

Mrs. Fence
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Joanie[/QUOTE]

I second that! I only bought the block because I had other background stamps I wanted to try with it first. It will be fun!!!

Lori
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Joanie

I second that! I only bought the block because I had other background stamps I wanted to try with it first. It will be fun!!![/QUOTE]
Yep...that's the excuse I used too!!!!

midnitecreations
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
ok, so tell. What is this mega block and what's with stamping on a brick?

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Hmmm, I'm a terrible 'splainer but I'll try......It's a big acrylic block that is curved and has a handle. The beauty is when you use a big background stamp such as the distressed brick background, you get a nice clean crisp image with ease. No more standing on the stamp or using a brayer to get a good impression. I've been playing with it and I'm really happy with it! I've seen some that were smaller and were called something like Rocker-blocks. Clear as mud?

midnitecreations
06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
it's a lot clearer than mud! Thanks. I've seen these rocker blocks but when everyone kept saying stamping on brick, I thought there was this new gadget and they were actually stamping on brick, not using a brick stamp!:eek: I hate the large background stamps, because I get a really bad impression most of the time. I guess I better go look for one of these. Now who should I thank for enabling me! lol. by the way, what's the going rate on these large rocker blocks?

Lori
06-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I paid $60 something, for 3 background stamps and the block. I think the block alone was $24.95.

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Ours came from Impression Obsession at the show and they were $24. I hesitated (for a mili-second, lol!) at the price but so worth it to be able to use all the backgrounds I have. Before this block I really struggled to get a good image with them. I have some big flourish stamps that it works really awesome with too. At I.O. it's called a Mega Mount.
It must be Lori's fault for enabling...tee-hee!

suzi_f
06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Hmmm, sounds like something I might need. Can you use it for other BIG stamps too or just b/g???

ccstampin12
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Anything with a cling backing should work, Suzi!
Joanie

cindi
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I just played with mine..love it!!!!!

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I was going to use double stick tape for my unmounted ones but now thinking to avoid the mess I might just mount the backgrounds on cling.

ngreek
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
You can also use the Mega Mount with small stamps also. The owner of IO was doing a demo at CHA and was talking bout how it works on smalls tamps also very well.

cindi
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I was going to use double stick tape for my unmounted ones but now thinking to avoid the mess I might just mount the backgrounds on cling.

you can also use aleenes tack it over & over agian glue on them, but cling mount will probably give you the best images

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't have any of that tack it stuff yet. Do you just put it on the rubber? and does it stay there for a while or do you put new stuff on every time?

cindi
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't have any of that tack it stuff yet. Do you just put it on the rubber? and does it stay there for a while or do you put new stuff on every time?

I squeeze a small amount on then spread it with a brush, let it dry until it's clear, not white anymore and it stays tacky for along time, I don't think I've ever had to reaply yet.

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, I guess I need to find me some of that! Sounds like good stuff! Thanks!

cindi
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I think I found it am micheals in Augusta.

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
LOL Cindi! I'll have to tell DH it's time for another trip to Maine soon!

jazzypurple853
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM

I use that stuff all of the time on my unmounted stamps. that's how I got into using purchasing unmounted stamps. You don't need to reapply it at all. Once it's on , it's on. I use a foam brush, the kind that Michaels sell like 420 for $1.00. If the foam brush gets too yucky, I just throw the brush away. I do a whole bunch of them at the same time. I use an old cookie sheet to put them one. I let them dry overnight. I think I may have purchased the stuff thru joann's online.

jazzypurple853
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM

I use that stuff all of the time on my unmounted stamps. that's how I got into using purchasing unmounted stamps. You don't need to reapply it at all. Once it's on , it's on. I use a foam brush, the kind that Michaels sell like 420 for $1.00. If the foam brush gets too yucky, I just throw the brush away. I do a whole bunch of them at the same time. I use an old cookie sheet to put them one. I let them dry overnight. I think I may have purchased the stuff thru joann's online.

Lori
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I use the Alene's a lot. My background stamp are all naked rubber. I put Aleene's on them today. The double stick tape stuck to the mount and it was a pain to get off.

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks Shelly! I will give Joann's a try!

RubberLady603
06-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I use the Alene's a lot. My background stamp are all naked rubber. I put Aleene's on them today. The double stick tape stuck to the mount and it was a pain to get off.

That's kind of what I was afraid of so I didn't try the double stick tape yet.......

cindi
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL Cindi! I'll have to tell DH it's time for another trip to Maine soon!

yes you will!!

Paula Carden
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I think I bought 3 or 4 background stamps but have yet to take them out of the wrapper- I need to get that mega rocking block out and try it. Looked like a good thing when I saw the demo. You will have to post your makings!!

midnitecreations
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm going to have to get one of those blocks. any suggestions where online to get it. I don't think M's carries it. That's the only craft store close to me. Also, I use the tack it over and over on my unmounted stamps too. Love it.

cindi
06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm going to have to get one of those blocks. any suggestions where online to get it. I don't think M's carries it. That's the only craft store close to me. Also, I use the tack it over and over on my unmounted stamps too. Love it.
we bought ours from impression obsession, but look around online & see what you find

suzi_f
06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I've used tack it BUT, It stuck so hard once that I BROKE a SU stamp!!! BE CAREFUL!!!

I've got to find one of these somewhere!!!! I want to use my b/g stamps & big stamps!!!!

Lori
06-07-2011, 05:55 AM
The Alene's has to be very, very thin. Then it has to dry thoroughly. Even then I stick it to my jeans a couple of times. I've never had one glued to the mount. Well there was the one I forgot about for a week. THen the glue stuck to the mount, but I could peel it off.

I played with the map background last night. I have lots of backgrounds made...now to get a card put together!

milmogando
06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
i had no idea what a mega mount was but i googled and now i need one! bet we can't buy them here yet...

jazzypurple853
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
I found a link for it :
http://impression-obsession.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IORS&Product_Code=RKBK

jazzypurple853
06-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I found another place to purchase it

http://www.franticstamper.com/impression-obsession-cover.htm

I have purchased from her before.

cindi
06-07-2011, 08:43 AM
way to go Shelley!! I think everyone needs one!!

midnitecreations
06-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks Shelley. Not only do I want the mount, now I want some of her background stamps too!

jazzypurple853
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Shelley. Not only do I want the mount, now I want some of her background stamps too!

I know I saw them too! She had quite a selection!

Lori
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Those background stamps are awesome. I had a real hard time picking just three!

Lori
06-08-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm really loving the Mega Mount!!! I dug out all the SU backgrounds that I unmounted, and then never used...they stamp beautifully with this. No more faded spots in the middle!!!

cindi
06-08-2011, 09:01 AM
yup, I am loving mine too! big backgrounds, medium backgrounds and my unmounted wheels are all stamping beautifully!!

jazzypurple853
06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
yup, I am loving mine too! big backgrounds, medium backgrounds and my unmounted wheels are all stamping beautifully!!

Oh no! I may have to purchase this, I have a ton of unmounted wheels that haven't seen ink yet. This may be the answer to how to use them.

cindi
06-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh no! I may have to purchase this, I have a ton of unmounted wheels that haven't seen ink yet. This may be the answer to how to use them.

it's working for me..mine see a lot more action now