PDA

View Full Version : I got a new car....Kind of a long story

Rebecca
06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm so excited...Monday morning I backed out of our garage and the engine light in my car came on. This has happened so many times before, seems the gas cap is very touchy, if it's not on right the engine light will come on. So I pulled over, got out and tightened the gas cap. As I drove away I noticed it did not go out, and now my car is making a loud noise....I went home, called the dealership, they put the car on a computer and said it had an engine leak, the emission system needed work, needed brakes and new strutes...welll I said forget it. I went home and called my husband, and told him I think we should just trade it in before it brakes our small bank account! He said ok....Since DH works at Honda (we were both driving Suzukis) I thought it would be nice to finally give in and get a Honda, well the one I wanted was the new CRZ...I cleaned out my car and was ready to go by the time DH got home. By then he had talked himself into a new car too.....
So, we got to the Honda dealership and bought 2-2011 Honda CRZs...OMG what a nice car. I got red Gary got black. It's a Hybird, 2 seater. I'm so excited I had to go out in the garage 2 times Monday night after we got home to see if we really did it.
Anyway, sorry this is so long....but I couldn't keep the excitement inside any longer.
Have a great day...hope to get some crafting in soon!!
Rebecca

suzi_f
06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Congrats!!! That sounds way cool. New car(s) are nice!!!!

jazzypurple853
06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Congrads t o you! Enjoy the new car smell!

tojoco
06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Woo Hoo congratulations. I hope you got a really good deal with your DH working there and you buying 2 cars. Don't you just love the smell of a new car?

RubberLady603
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
How cool! Enjoy!

maxiesmom
06-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Sounds great, enjoy your new rides.

midnitecreations
06-15-2011, 09:53 PM
oh wow, not just one, but two new cars! Your excitement comes through loud and clear. Congratulations

Paula Carden
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
What colors did you get? I hope you all got great discounts since he works for Honda!
Enjoy your new cars...it is nice to have a new car, all clean, sparkley and clean!!

Patty
06-16-2011, 02:05 PM
WOW!!! You go, girl.......that's wonderful news!!! I'm very happy for both of you. It's one of life's little thrills!!!!!

CharityHand
06-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Two new cars? Now that sounds like fun. You really made someone's day at the dealership too with double commission.

Rebecca
06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I know the salesman loves us....he has called everyday to see how we like the cars, also they gave us free car washes for as long as we own the cars... OMGosh it is so fun to drive, I don't think my husband has stopped smiling since he test drove the car. LOL Thanks all for the good wishes, I'm hoping this has stirred up my mojo!