PDA

View Full Version : ATCs?

dazzler
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
ATCs are totally a new concept for me. I bought a book at Hobby Lobby and it has a few design ideas, but I was wondering if anybody had a website or book they could refer me to for more information. I want to join one of the swaps, but it is for ATCs and I don't want to send something incorrectly. Thanks everyone!

jazzypurple853
06-22-2011, 05:26 PM
You can always check out our gallery. Lots of people post their atc's in the gallery.

Here's a link to splitcoaststampers,

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=atc&x=0&y=0

This should give you a pretty good idea of what people do.

jazzypurple853
06-22-2011, 05:26 PM
You can always check out our gallery. Lots of people post their atc's in the gallery.

Here's a link to splitcoaststampers,

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=atc&x=0&y=0

This should give you a pretty good idea of what people do.

Christie
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
once you start them you will be addicted!!!!!! we have an atc section here too: http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=553

ccstampin12
06-22-2011, 05:46 PM
In case you haven't read this:
ATCs are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"....like baseball cards.
They usually have layers of papers and embellishments.
You can choose your style and do whatever you want to with whatever the themes are.
We ask that the backs are signed and you might want to number them as a series....ie: 1 of 9, 2 of 9, 3 of 9, etc.
There should still be a template you can download for the backs....here on the Shack.
I'll see if I can find it and tell you how to get to it.
Joanie

ccstampin12
06-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Look up on the blue toolbar.
Click on TEMPLATES.
Accept the user agreement.
(Maybe read it since it's your first time...LOL)
The ATC backs templates are the second item down in Templates.
ENJOY~
Joanie

Paula Carden
06-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Sounds like good resources for you. I had never done ATC's until the Shack then Nancy aka directmailscrapper got me started and I have several binders full now. They are just like small cards with embellishments, themes or whatever as Joanie said- usually layers of papers. You will be hooked once you get started. You will want to get you a binder (notebook) and some of those baseball card holders to put your ATC's in so that you can keep a swap together. It is easy to look at them for inspiration etc...Usually they are made in series of 9 because that is how many fit in one of those baseball card holders. You can find those at Staples, Walmart etc..

67Cats
06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll see if I have some extra ATC's around and will mail them to you.

cindi
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
oh my..atc's are very addictive!! it is a fun way to share stamping and swapping . just give it a try and you will be hooked too
:)

Stampo
06-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I just did nine Steampunk ATCs for a swap. They're fun to do.

Lori
06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I just did nine Steampunk ATCs for a swap. They're fun to do.

And I'm getting one!!! LOL!!!

ATC's are so much fun!!!

dazzler
06-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the all the replies. I looked at the ones on the Shack and I think I will have fun with these! 

Dakotapatti
06-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I just started ATC swaps too--I have already mailed some of them-- i hope I am doing them right--Patti

ccstampin12
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I just started ATC swaps too--I have already mailed some of them-- i hope I am doing them right--Patti

Patti,
I was just getting on here to tell you I had received your "kitchen" ATCs. And, YES, you certainlyl ARE doing them right!
Simply adorable!
Joanie

jazzypurple853
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM

I got your Riley's atc's today . You did perfectly fine!

67Cats
06-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I mailed of a couple samples today of ones I have done recently.

dazzler
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
I mailed of a couple samples today of ones I have done recently.

I am so excited! Thank you so much for sending me some. Yours will be the first in my collection. All day at work I was thinking of ATC ideas for the swap I joined.

67Cats
06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I am so excited! Thank you so much for sending me some. Yours will be the first in my collection. All day at work I was thinking of ATC ideas for the swap I joined.
I have some swaps that are open - I hope you consider joining them... = ]

Merry4003
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
that was sweet of you 67cats to send her some, always better to see them.

LissaJean
06-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Hello. Just wanted to say hi and that I had never done ATC's either until I found the Stamp Shack and I tried one and now I AM HOOKED! They are so cute and very easy to get the hang of! SO MUCH FUN...that I have a posted a bunch of ATC swaps to hostess!!! Please feel free to join any or all of mine if you would like! They are super cute little ways to express your creativity! AND to see what beautiful work all the girls do! Everyone here is so super creative. :0) The girls have the requirements above...BUT... I of course did not have that wonderful list when I started and never knew to # mine...so sorry girls for the first few of mine not numbered :0( BUT.....I did however find a rubber stamp for the backs so I will be set for all future rounds :0) My main helpful hint is to stick to the exact sizes listed above. I went out and bought 2-3 ring binders and a ton of 9 slot baseball card holder sheets to put in them... SUPER CUTE way to show them all off...especially when people list 9 people to a swap then you can fit one of everyone's for that swap on that page :0)
Hope this helps and Happy Stampin!
Hugs & Smudges,
LissaJean