PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about the Shack address list being in wordperfect ...

iloveflipflops
01-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok, please help.

I have this ever-growing address list on my old computer under Wordperfect 9.0. I would like to transfer it all to my new computer but this computer does not have Wordperfect, it has Word. I do have the Wordperfect disk so I can put it on but then how to do I get my info from one computer to another. please do not tell me I may have to re-type it as I will just sit down and cry all night! ha ha

Can I just put all the addresses on a cd and then install it onto my new computer? Please tell me its "that" easy!! Please, pretty please?

Someone???

Caboverde1
01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
send it too yourself in an email.

Tonii

Caboverde1
01-15-2007, 06:31 PM
theres several ways...call me...ill walk you through it...pm me if thats what you want to do.
TOnii

Spartymom
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Well if you wanted to install wordperfect onto your new computer, then you would take a copy of the addressess from your old and copy that to the new. But, do you want the wordperfect software on your new computer?

Another way is that you should be able to copy the addressess onto a disk, then when you go to open up the file on the new computer, it will ask how you want to open it. You say with Word...That would open the file, but you may lose some info.

Print out what you have, then just double check the addresses once it's in. You don't need to re type it though. Hope this helps.

Kim

iloveflipflops
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I am familiar with wordperfect more than I am with works so I think I will just install it on my computer, copy it to a cd, install it on my new one and voila, it should be here. RIGHT?

tojoco
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Sherri, are you talking about the file that we changed to a pdf file? If so, all you need to do is copy the file to a CD, then copy the file on the CD to your new computer. You can do it! Very very simple. I have a lot of confidence in you; you've become a very high tech crafter.

iloveflipflops
01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes that is the one. But don't I have to install wordperfect on my new computer first?????

tojoco
01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
No not at all! It is now a portable document file not a Wordperfect. It should work with Works on your new computer.

iloveflipflops
01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
So am I copying the PDF version? Then when i update I just update directly to that???

tojoco
01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes absolutely!

iloveflipflops
01-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok ... I am going to try it ... after I get back from taking my dd's boyfriend home ....

Spartymom
01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
We'll be waiting to see how you did with this. Kim