PDA

View Full Version : JP aka Lakeslady aka Joan

Paula Carden
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Are you ok, how far away are you from the riots?
Hope you and your family are safe.

loobylou
08-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Joan is a long way from London. I'm hoping all her family are far away too, and keeping safe

Paula Carden
08-09-2011, 06:44 AM
That's good to know Sarah that she isn't near London. Looks so very scary there right now.

HeatherJ
08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I have been watching the news now and getting a bit sick! I will be in London next week - Tuesday til Friday. Sigh...... Hope it is quiet by then!!

lakeslady
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you for your concern girls, your thoughts are appreciated.

I am a long way from London where all the dreadful riots were last night. Unfortunately they have spread to other major cities, Manchester being one of them.
Today Michael and I were going into Manchester which is about an hour and a half from where we live, to see a musical show I had won tickets for in a competition. However we decided to stay home, and thank goodness we did. They have major riot problems there this evening.
I am also glad that my grand daughter is home from university for another two weeks summer recess, otherwise I would have been worried sick.
What on earth is happening in the world ?
Years ago we had the irish bombings in London with the IRA when I worked there, and I do not want to see anything like that again. I suspect we have a bad group of ring leaders out to cause trouble, and there is no excuse for the looting that is taking place.

All is quiet so far in London tonight, but there is a big police force on the streets. Hopefully things will be back under control by the time you visit the UK next week Heather.

Paula Carden
08-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Joan glad you are ok. How sad that our world is in such a state-the economy, the wars, the riots and all of the natural disasters. I wonder what is next.

Paula Carden
08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I have been watching the news now and getting a bit sick! I will be in London next week - Tuesday til Friday. Sigh...... Hope it is quiet by then!!

Heather I hope all will be calm- are you going for vacation?

HeatherJ
08-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks! Emily is dancng at the world highland dance competition in Scotland so we decided to go over early and visit with my brother who lives in Glasgow. We are taking a side trip for 4 days to London so Liam can get the Imperial War Museum.

Paula Carden
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh that sounds wonderful- We will need pics of course of the dance competition. At least if you have family then they can help keep you where it is calm. I hope it is enjoyable and without worry. A terrific trip for sure.

67Cats
08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I am glad to hear you are not close to the riots - and good sense about the Manchester tickets! Glad to hear you family is safe too. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Here in Milwaukee, WI we are having our State Fair.
We had a Mob Riot at our state fair on the first night it was open.
An unknown amount of teenagers [well over 50 + ] mobbed
They were attacking people because of the color of their skin.
11 people were injured including police officers!
The Mob Riot continued outside of our fair grounds on the neighboring streets.<o:p></o:p>
You better believe the Police are in FULL Force at the State Fair.<o:p></o:p>
The was a Mob Riot in the Spring @ one of our local malls and a Mob Riot destroyed a local Gas Station [Petrol Station for Lakeslady Joan] just a month or two ago. I have heard that things like this is happening in Philly, PA too.<o:p></o:p>
It’s crazy – if you read Revelation it sure sounds like the end times to me! Though, if you watch Spartacus on STARS that looks like the end times too!<o:p></o:p>