PDA

View Full Version : UTAH....here we come!!!

ccstampin12
08-31-2011, 08:39 PM
That's right!
Lesa got plane flights and hotel reservations today for the 2 of us!
We'll be there!
Now to get the details...
What is everyone bringing?
What is the plan for projects?
What haven't I thought to ask yet?
What stores are out there?
So many questions...so little time!
Joanie

HeatherJ
08-31-2011, 09:15 PM
It's all in the details! ;-) Have fun packing!

cindi
08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
AWESOME!!!!

oh my heck!! I am so jealous..please post lots of updates and pics!! have a great time girls!
:wubclub:

67Cats
08-31-2011, 09:38 PM
What is Shackapolza?
I am new to the web site this year and I have no idea what it is?

RubberLady603
09-01-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm wicked jealous! Can't wait to see pics and stuff!

ccstampin12
09-01-2011, 07:04 AM
What is Shackapolza?
I am new to the web site this year and I have no idea what it is?
Hey....a Shackapalooza is any time a bunch of Shackies get together in a specified spot to craft and enjoy each others' company. In some cases, it's to get to know some of the Shackies we haven't met yet. Can you think about coming?
Joanie

tojoco
09-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Joanie hooray, can't wait to see you and Lesa again. We are going to have so much fun.

mahodgman
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I have no idea what to bring, and to tell the truth I'm not excited about flying with my precious crafting supplies! I suppose the best thing to do is to try to plan some project ahead of time, but I'm not really good at that. Please, someone who has some experience with this chime in. Tell us what we should bring.

tojoco
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I have no idea what to bring, and to tell the truth I'm not excited about flying with my precious crafting supplies! I suppose the best thing to do is to try to plan some project ahead of time, but I'm not really good at that. Please, someone who has some experience with this chime in. Tell us what we should bring.

Mary, I plan on boxing up all the supplies I need and can't carry on the plane and mailing it to Angie. Although I never made it to the Spring Palooza but was planning on, I did mail my package of supplies up to Suzi who brought it to Palooza with her. It felt good not to have to carry a lot of the supplies on the plane.

mahodgman
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Mary, I plan on boxing up all the supplies I need and can't carry on the plane and mailing it to Angie. Although I never made it to the Spring Palooza but was planning on, I did mail my package of supplies up to Suzi who brought it to Palooza with her. It felt good not to have to carry a lot of the supplies on the plane.

What and how much are you taking? I"m really torn.

ccstampin12
09-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I have NO idea of what to bring.
How do you do this....bring our own things to work on, or group projects?
Need to start planning!
Joanie

Paula Carden
09-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I am the same...not sure what to bring, what to work on, what I will need plus I am flying too and don't know how much I can bring.
I need some guidance too.
I was thinking maybe working on Christmas Cards or something specific. If I were traveling by car I would be able to bring more stuff.

tojoco
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I have created 2 Christmas cards. I already cut and scored about 100 sheets of white cardstock. I'm just sending the tools and supplies I will need to create those cards. I may also try to work on designing an ATC for a swap I'm in and bring the supplies for that too. You've got to plan out a couple of projects or else you will be at a loss for what to bring. And I'll be sending all this in a box to Angie. I will have nothing stamp related in my carry on.

Also for those girls who have attended in the past, do we still bring little "surprises" for each other? And what about snacks and food and drinks. Will we be able to go shopping once we get there? I know myself I will ALWAYS need a drink while I work.

67Cats
09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey....a Shackapalooza is any time a bunch of Shackies get together in a specified spot to craft and enjoy each others' company. In some cases, it's to get to know some of the Shackies we haven't met yet. Can you think about coming?
Joanie

I'd be happy to see if I can ever make it.
Is there a list of when and where they are?

Paula Carden
09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi Ladies
I'm Paula's husband & do I have a great idea about carrying stamping supplies on the plane !!!! Buy a very cheap ( I mean cheap,cheap) carry on bag.Put it under your seat & everything will be all right !!!! Hope this helps.

Paula Carden
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi Ladies
I'm Paula's husband & do I have a great idea about carrying stamping supplies on the plane !!!! Buy a very cheap ( I mean cheap,cheap) carry on bag.Put it under your seat & everything will be all right !!!! Hope this helps.

He obviously doesn't know how many and what kind of supplies we need!! (LOL)

shuggy
09-01-2011, 11:01 PM
That's right!
Lesa got plane flights and hotel reservations today for the 2 of us!
We'll be there!
Now to get the details...
What is everyone bringing?
What is the plan for projects?
What haven't I thought to ask yet?
What stores are out there?
So many questions...so little time!
Joanie

doing the happy dance!!!!

shuggy
09-01-2011, 11:03 PM
i don't think we are doing group projects. what i'm going to be working on is embarrassing, but i'll tell you. remember all those circle journals i did?? well, i have a box full that need a few things finished. so i'm going to be working on that.

as far as supplies...i'm going to start a new thread. post what heavy (difficult to pack items) you want, and we can figure out if we have them so you don't need to bring them. what i did last palooza was pack a flat rate box (was like $14) full of heavy stuff like paper/cardstock and such and mailed it. worked great. just remember you can't take anything like trimmers, scisssors, glue, etc in a carry-on.

Stetler
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Have fun all who are going! Maybe next time for me?

shuggy
09-02-2011, 12:16 AM
I have created 2 Christmas cards. I already cut and scored about 100 sheets of white cardstock. I'm just sending the tools and supplies I will need to create those cards. I may also try to work on designing an ATC for a swap I'm in and bring the supplies for that too. You've got to plan out a couple of projects or else you will be at a loss for what to bring. And I'll be sending all this in a box to Angie. I will have nothing stamp related in my carry on.

Also for those girls who have attended in the past, do we still bring little "surprises" for each other? And what about snacks and food and drinks. Will we be able to go shopping once we get there? I know myself I will ALWAYS need a drink while I work.

surprises are optional. shopping is a definate. there is a grocery store and a target not far from the hotel the clubhouse.

ccstampin12
09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
He obviously doesn't know how many and what kind of supplies we need!! (LOL)
Yeah...can you see what would happen when they looked at those 'killer' scissors we use?
LOL
Joanie

Desert Stamper
09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Angie, do you have a Big Shot that you'll be able to let us use, or should I bring mine?? That's probably the biggest/heaviest tool I can imagine needing. I'm working on my packing list already. I've always end up packing way too much crafting stuff for every event I've ever attended! I'm sooooo excited to be meeting you all IRL. 33 more days!! :o)

Dakotapatti
09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Have fun--might consider going next year. Patti

shuggy
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
check this thread (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43005) for big items that we will have. add to the list if needed.