PDA

View Full Version : The Help

ngreek
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
So who was it that recommended this book? I really enjoyed it. I know I got the recommendation form here and who ever it was thank you... I didn't want the book to end when it did, but I guess that si when you know it is a good book.

Hopefully I will go see the movie now.

HeatherJ
09-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I may not have been the first one you had the recommendation from, but I did endorse it! Glad you liked it. :) I loved it, too. I haven't seen the movie yet, but think I will try to get there before it leaves our theatre.

lakeslady
09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Not heard of this book, and I am always on the look out for a good read. Thanks for the endorsement girls.

limeyscrapper
09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I enjoyed reading "The Help " too.
Another book I can also recommend is "Room" by Emma Donaghue
After my dh and I read this book, we passed it along to our daughter, and then she passed it to her husband, who sat up until 3 AM. to finish it because he couldn't bear to put it down without knowing the end.

mahodgman
09-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I just saw the movie yesterday. It was really good! Maybe I'll get around to reading the book too.

Stetler
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I can't see the movie until I read the book.

ccstampin12
09-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I just finished it yesterday! What an amazing book!
I didn't want it to end either! The characters' stories were far from over when it ended!
ENJOY this book!
Has anyone seen the movie?
Joanie

mahodgman
09-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I just finished it yesterday! What an amazing book!
I didn't want it to end either! The characters' stories were far from over when it ended!
ENJOY this book!
Has anyone seen the movie?
Joanie

Yes, I saw the movie on Sunday. I haven't read the book so I can't compare for you, but I really enjoyed it.

67Cats
09-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I saw the Movie - really enjoyed it.
I will eventually read the book - but I have a LONG List of things to read first.
My current book series I am reading is the Game of Thrones series
I am stuck on the 3rd book. The author quit writting chapters on some of my fav charters and introduced a bunch of
new charters I really don't care anything about...
But, I am about half way thru - and determined to read it.
My book I am reading before I fall asleep is HODA [ Hoda Kotb ]