PDA

View Full Version : Distressed Christmas cards...

Lori
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I got my cards done. Sort of a TH look. Decided to caot with UTEE. Now I'm having problems getting the card fronts, to stay on the card base. Today, I'm going to remove all the fronts, run through the Xyron and try to restick them. I think they will look truely distressed when I'm done! Ack! I should have stamped images and colored them, sucked up the pain!

RubberLady603
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I think I would be more distressed than the cards! LOL! If the Xyron doesn't work, maybe stick down with some Crystal Effects?

Lori
12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I just got done with the Xyron. They seem to be sticking....Going to let them rest and curl if they're going to. If that doesn't work....I'm thinking glue gun or staples...LOL!!!

HeatherJ
12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
TH loves that metallic look so a staple gun sounds like a plan!! :)

maxiesmom
12-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm very curious to see these, why won't they stick to the base? You didn't put the UTEE on the base did you? Take a pic, I wanna see!

RubberLady603
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Staples sounds like a good plan! you can color them up with some alcohol ink if needed.

milmogando
12-11-2011, 04:41 PM
i think they'll look wonderful having been so 'worked' TH would be proud!

Lori
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I ran cardstock in TH Christmas words embossing folder. Distressed inked the words. Covered all that in embossing ink and UTEE. I think it is the embossing that made it hard to stick. Posting a picture in the gallery.

cindi
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Lori..you need some helmar glue!!!!
:)

Lori
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM
I finally adressed envelopes and stuffed them in....and remembered that I forgot to sign them...Ugh! They seem to be staying together. That or they are stuck to the inside of the envelope....Helmar glue might be on my post Christmas wish list!

limeyscrapper
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I often think that this kind of scenario is how the "distressed" look began !
You know, when you have tried so much and the card is starting to look a little grungey from all the different techniques you've tried - then it is truly distressed. Send them out - they will become famous as masterpieces!

penelope
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
That's how mine are coming, did that to a bunch, put them in the envelope so seeif they would fit and sealed them, so they have to look at the return address label. I recycled so many of them, now here's hoping I send the correct ones to the correct people. How come I never follow Sherri's do your Chrismas cards in July or the sometime sooner than Dec. should do that with November Thanksgiving cards also. - Nancy