PDA

View Full Version : A birthday cake question for you?

limeyscrapper
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm doing a cake for my 4 year old granddaughter, and I want to print out a picture in colour from one of her favourite books, then laminate it and put in on top of the cake.
I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any problem with the picture if it is laminated and I clean the back of it thoroughly before putting it on the cake. Obviously, we will remove the picture before slicing up the cake.
Has anyone else ever done this, and can you see any problems with it?

tojoco
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry Chris, I have never heard of anyone doing this. Maybe you can google the question.

maxiesmom
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
I would think it would be fine, go for it.

tojoco
01-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Chris, I saw this response when I asked google the question: I do this a lot! I use self laminating sheets and laminate the pictures. I lay them directly on the cake and use a star or rosette border around them to cover up the edge of the laminating paper! Works great when you can't "draw" what the customer likes! I hope this helps!

limeyscrapper
01-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Joanne, that is exactly what I'm planning to do. It will save me a lot of time ( and probably expenses) trying to "customize" the cake top.

loobylou
01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
ABSOLUTELY DO-ABLE. I made one for a child with an image from one of his favourite TV shows. I then made the cake rectangular and turned it into a TV with knobs etc and an antenna. Of course TVs these days are a bit different!

logcabincreations
01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
cute idea Sarah! Chris, you can also buy printable edible ink and sheets of icing....this is what my cake lady does....then you can eat it all