PDA

View Full Version : happy AUSTRALIA day:)

milmogando
01-25-2012, 07:21 PM
in honor of my great country, i think you should all go bake a pav!
here's (http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/6-Egg-Pavlova-L7497.html) the recipe i use:)

Proud to be a true blue Aussie - and you know your Australian if:
* You understand what no "wucking furries" means.
* You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo etc.
*You pronounce Melbourne as 'Mel-bin'. You believe the 'L' in the word 'Australia' is optional.
* You call your best friend 'a total bastard' but someone you really, truly despise is just 'a bit of a bastard'.
You've also squeezed it through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.
* You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.
* You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels' song 'Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again' And "Living next door to Alice".
* You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.
* You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude, While 'scuse me' is always polite.
* You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call 'Anzac cookies'.
* You've only ever used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet - to mean good. And then you place 'bloody' in front of it when you REALLY mean it.
* You say 'no worries' quite often, whether you realise it or not.
* You've drank your tea/coffee/milo through a Tim Tam.
* You know that some people pronounce Australia like "Straya" and that's ok.
* And you will show this list to other Australians, here and overseas, realising that only they will understand!!!

cindi
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!

hope all my Aussie friends are enjoying their holiday
:wubclub:

milmogando
01-25-2012, 07:55 PM
thanks cindo:laugh:

cindi
01-25-2012, 08:03 PM
thanks cindo:laugh:

tehehe..love it!
:)

HeatherJ
01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Hope you are enjoying your hols! :-)

maxiesmom
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Hope all our Aussie friends have a fun day, enjoy your bbq's!

cindi
01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
ya and speaking of warm weather holiday and barbeques..what do you ladies cook at your barbeques?? got any yummy recipes you would care to share?
:)

shuggy
01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
happy australia day!

loobylou
01-26-2012, 08:03 AM
We had a great Australia Day, out on the beautiful Indian Ocean in our boat, about 20 miles from shore. I caught a shark, so did my hubby. My son caught a pink snapper. They fished all day but I just relaxed after lunch, had a nap and enjoyed the fresh air. We had a BBQ dinner of T-bone steaks, chicken kebabs, eggs, bacon and salad. Gave some shark away to the neighbours and said "Happy Australia day"

Rebecca
01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Happy Australia Day, wishing you lots of fun in the sun!!!