PDA

View Full Version : Update for Spring Palooza

workin4stamps
02-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I have updated the original thread with the names of people that I have received deposits from. Thre are still a few people who I *think* are coming that have not yet sent deposits. They are not due until March 1st, so you're not late....but something to start thinking about!! Also, if you haven't done so yet, you do need to call the Inn and put your deposit down on your sleeping room. The info is also in the original thread.

See the original thread here (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43422&p=400136#post400136).

Also---the Inn had a water main break in the hallway where our crop room is. Unfortunately, our regular room will not be available this year. They are moving us downstairs to the Wigwam room. We have used this room before, and although it's not our favorite, it will work. The lighting isn't as good as upstairs, so if you have an Otte Lamp that you can bring, that would be highly recommended!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

shuggy
02-08-2012, 06:00 PM
i wish airfare would come down to a reasonable level. oh well...we'll be there whatever the plane costs!! (unless it goes up insanely more before i get them!)

Spartymom
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
They can't fix that watermain? I need a roomie! Be there Friday.

workin4stamps
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
No Kim. I asked that too. Apparently there was a LOT of damage to that entire hallway & area. They told me that the repairs have not even begun yet,and they don't know when they will. She said "We are waiting on the state, so what does that tell you?"

The good news is...they gave us a discount on the room, so with the savings, we might be able to have them cater us lunch one day or something with no additional cost to us! Free lunch is good, right?

Spartymom
02-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Free lunch it great! They just had new carpet last year. That's sad. It will be fun to get together still.

maxiesmom
02-10-2012, 07:32 AM
I was wondering if it would be cheaper since I thought the Wigwam room was less, especially since we have to take that room now. Either do a lunch or we could keep the extra in our account and put it toward next year.

shuggy
02-10-2012, 07:46 AM
got our tickets last night!!:spinny:

Spartymom
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah Angie. Like***

kimmyqtgirl
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Yay! I am so excited! I can't believe it's so close. I missed out the year we were in the WigWam room, but I'm sure it will work out just fine. It's not like I actually WORK on anything when I'm there lol! I think it's great you get some money back, lunch or putting it twds next year - either sounds good.

maxiesmom
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
got our tickets last night!!:spinny:

Yeah Angie and Mary!!

workin4stamps
02-11-2012, 02:04 PM
The Wigwam room is the same price as the one we usually get upstairs. However, since we are being forced to take it and I told them that we preferred an upstairs room due to lighting, etc.....she just told me she would give us a discount on it this year.

I will either put it towards our food, or just give everyone a refund. When I have a chance to look over the catering menu, I will post here to let you guys know what our options are.

kimmyqtgirl
02-13-2012, 05:21 PM
WOOT WOOT! Got the official word I have Thurs and Fri off:) Not that I was worried about it but now it's on the work schedule. It will be here before we know it.

ccstampin12
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Lesa and I have our tickets too!!!!! YAY!!!

maxiesmom
02-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Lesa and I have our tickets too!!!!! YAY!!!

woo hoo, it's official we get to meet Joanie and Lesa!! Well for those of us who haven't had the good luck to do so yet.

workin4stamps
02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Jennifer E contacted me and said she is planning on coming (she thinks...pretty sure....working out baby details...). So according to my calculations... I think we have 4 people that I don't have paired up in rooms yet. Kim S, Jennifer E, Chelsea, and Amy S. Can you four work out your room details and let me know???

thanks!!!

Spartymom
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Traci,

Thanks for the info. I sent out an email and will let you know who's rooming with who soon!

iloveflipflops
02-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Guess who is coming now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

workin4stamps
02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
guess who is coming now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee

wooooo hooooooo!!!!! So happy I have a roomie again!!!!

workin4stamps
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Here are the room arrangements to the best of my knowledge:

Angie
Mary - room deposit made

Sherri
Traci - room deposit made

Kimmy
Kathy

Amy S - room deposit made
Kim S

Joanie - room deposit made

Lesa - room deposit made

Becky
Kristi

Jennifer E and Chelsea are the only ones I don't have paired up. So maybe you guys can room together???

The room deposits I have listed here are for your sleeping rooms. (not the $40 scrap room fee) If you did call the Inn and you think you already did your deposit, but it's not listed here, they might not have you in our block. If that is the case, please let me know. If you haven't yet called the hotel to put your room deposit down, just do that sometime within the next few weeks if possible. You will want to specify to them whether you're arriving Wednesday or Thursday. Most people are coming Thursday, but those who are flying or coming from afar are coming in a day early. If you would post here when you have this done, that would be great. Only one person per room needs to do this. I know that Lesa did the deposit for both hers and Joanie's rooms. Thanks!!!!!

mydogstinks2
02-17-2012, 03:20 PM
ok so now I may be coming!! I will NOT be staying at the Inn however, I will just drive home each night.

Im going to talk to my new boss this week and see about getting the days off. I think if I work in the morning on Thursday I will be able to get the rest of the weekend off.

iloveflipflops
02-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Woo hoo Chris!!! It wouldn't be the same without you!! (or me) Hee hee

MidwestStamper
02-18-2012, 12:28 AM
This isn't located by any big towns, right?

kimmyqtgirl
02-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Lidia are you thinking of joining us? Its about an hour from Fort Wayne, IN and 2 hrs from Detroit metro airport.

scraphappy908
02-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Lidia are you thinking of joining us? Its about an hour from Fort Wayne, IN and 2 hrs from Detroit metro airport.

Lydia, if you want to come, I can pick you up at Detroit Metro Airport. I get off work on Thursday around 4 p.m. Then I plan on heading to Shackapalooza. If this works with your schedule, let me know.

shuggy
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Lydia, if you want to come, I can pick you up at Detroit Metro Airport. I get off work on Thursday around 4 p.m. Then I plan on heading to Shackapalooza. If this works with your schedule, let me know.

that would be awesome!!