PDA

View Full Version : FOOD for Spring Palooza 2012

workin4stamps
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
You know we are WAY too food oriented when I have to create a separate post just to talk about our food!! LOL

Here is what I know:

Thursday I don't have anything delivered because a lot of people don't arrive until later on Thursday.....

Friday and Saturday morning at 8am, I will be having bagels and cream cheese delivered to our crop room. We will also get some orange juice and milk. In the past, some of us have brought our own cold cereal, and we use the milk for our cereal. They put it in a thermos server thingie for us, and it stays cold all day. I can probably ask them to do that with the OJ too?? I might also have some fresh fruit brought down. Who would eat it??

Friday and Saturday around 3:00, they will bring us a light snack. One day we'll have chips and dip, and the other day it will be chips and salsa.

They will have a water station set up in our crop room at all times...with cold ice water and cups.

Coffee is available for free at the Inn, so we never pay for that. It's just a short walk to the hospitality station where you can get coffee, hot tea (I think??) or hot water to do your own thing with. Maybe they even have hot chocolate for free?? I never go there so I'm not sure, but maybe someone else can chime in.

There is a soda machine too. There is also ice available. Many of us just buy our soda at walmart and bring it with us. Or bottled water....or whatever...

We ALWAYS have a rather LARGE food table, with way too much food that people bring in. We usually have an assortment of chips, snacks, cookies, candies, crackers, etc etc etc. We will NOT starve!

Restaurants nearby are Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesdays, Subway, Pizza Hut, a nice Mexican place we always visit at least once, and plenty of other fast food places and even other restaurants I'm sure. There is a dining room at the Inn, where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Sunday morning, they have a breakfast buffet, and many of us go to the dining room for that, so we don't ever have anything delivered on Sunday.

We talked before about having some money left over for a lunch or dinner or whatever....I think it would be more cost effective to just go out one day rather than have the Inn cater us. So maybe one day we can just do Bob Evans for lunch or something, and I'll have the envelope with all the money so nobody has to pay!! How does that sound?

I hope I've covered everything. If not, please let me know!

iloveflipflops
03-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Sounds great to me!! I would definitely eat the fruit for breakfast since bagels and cream cheese are so high in points :(.

I'm counting the days ...

Spartymom
03-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Sounds great! I'd like fresh fruit. Lunch at Bobs with the extra money sounds great! It all just Sounds great..LOL see you soon.

ccstampin12
03-15-2012, 07:10 AM
I will eat fruit!!!
Will we, who will be there on Thurs., go out for dindin?
I agree with Sherri on the high points for bagels and cream cheese...I'll be bringing my own cereal, for sure!
I want to shop for water and maybe my fat free creamer that I love, for my coffee.
It sounds like things are all falling into place.
Once this weekend...Crop on the Cape...is over, I'll be focused on Palooza!!!
YAY!
Joanie

workin4stamps
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Joanie--why did I think all you guys were coming in Wednesday? You're not? If not, what time does your flight come in Thursday? And there will be plenty of us there for dinner Thursday. No worries!

iloveflipflops
03-15-2012, 09:15 AM
I thought they are coming in on Wed along with Angie and Mary and Chelsea. Anyone else?

penelope
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I want to go!!!!!!!but can't. I'm sad. - Nancy

ccstampin12
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
OK....maybe it IS Wed. I am calendar challenged....but wanted you to know we'll be there for Thursday...LOL
Yes...I looked and it's Wed. that we travel and we will arrive with Angie and Mary.
Sorry for the confusion!!!

ccstampin12
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh, and Chelsea!!! LOL

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I will eat fruit. And im good with going out to lunch. I'll be there Thursday with Kathy. Not sure how early but I got the day off work so I'm game for whatever time she wants to head out :)

maxiesmom
03-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I will eat fruit. And im good with going out to lunch. I'll be there Thursday with Kathy. Not sure how early but I got the day off work so I'm game for whatever time she wants to head out :)

I leave by 9 or so, we're generally there around lunchtime. I like to make a stop at Wendy's for a quickie lunch and then head to the Inn. I am also good with the Bob Evans lunch, we had a nice meal there last year, I'm sure we'd have been hitting it for at least one of our meals anyway.

I don't remember if the little coffee area has cocoa packets or not, but you are correct as far as the tea & hot water. Who brought the big bag of Swedish fish last year? We need fish again, I can hit Costco for some. And I'm sure I'll bring brownies, it's what I do.

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2012, 10:09 PM
mmmm Swedish fish:) Kathy I love that you have our trip planned out and even lunch he hehe... Baby likes when I eat!

Sweetpea
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
We are coming in on Wednesday and will most likely make a Walmart run and go out to dinner wed evening. We have never lacked for food of any flavor or variety. It is so fun!! I can't hardly wait. I've got to get busy and start thinking up projects and how to pack!

ccstampin12
03-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Packing...I doubt the plane will like the way I packed for this weekend....one container is a laundry basket full of random things, and a rolling crate, and a big carry bag, and...and...and....
I MUST learn how to consolidate!!!
LOL
Joanie

scraphappy908
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
The fruit sounds great to me. I'm also trying to aviod bagels and cream cheese. The lunch thing sounds great too. I will be arriving around 7ish p.m. on Thursday. Don't know if I will make it in time to meet the rest of you for dinner so go ahead without me. I can't wait for this get-away! I so need it!

scraphappy908
04-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Packing...I doubt the plane will like the way I packed for this weekend....one container is a laundry basket full of random things, and a rolling crate, and a big carry bag, and...and...and....
I MUST learn how to consolidate!!!
LOL
Joanie

Joanie, don't worry about bringing the big tools. Those of us who live closer always bring that kind of stuff. We end up sharing alot of tools and stamps too. Knowing this will hopefully make your packing easier.

maxiesmom
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
I just got us a large bag of Swedish fish. :D

kimmyqtgirl
04-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Yummy swedish fish....
Any snack requests?

ccstampin12
04-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Things that aren't too tempting for a Weight Watcher!!! I feel like I'll knuckle under with so many wonderful 'bad' things to choose from!!!