PDA

View Full Version : Tools

crafty74
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
I am looking for opinions, I am on the fence about purchasing the Fiskars easy stamp press and the Stamp a ma jig if anyone has either or both what do you like or dislike about these two products? :confused:I am also looking to purchase an embossing heat gun, I have read and heard reviews on the Stampin 'Up being one of the best one out there as well as the embossing powders-- which ones would you recommend:err:.. all feedback is very appreciated thanks ladies :)

jazzypurple853
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I checked my embossing heat gun, and then one I have is made by Marvy Uchida. This is the only heat gun that I have had. So I couldn't tell you about any other brands.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/marvy-uchida-embossing-heat-tool/

Mine does not look like this, since mine is quite a few years old. It's been some time that it's been used. But I've never had an issues with it.

I have found out thru trial and error, not all embossing powders are the same.

Quite some time ago, I went to a convention and got some embossing powders from
Sparkle n sprinkle.

http://sparklensprinkle.com/o/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=c5bb7709f47cb9ad3988cfef686996aa

I'm not sure exactly what I purchased , I can check if you want. I think either 3 or 4 came in a package. I'm not even sure if the colors that I purchased are even still available.

I don't know about the other items that you are checking out, perphaps someone else can answer your question.

cindi
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
my heatgun is one i got at walmart, it looks like a mini blowdryer, I have had it for ages and knock on wood, it is still working. I have not tried either of the tools youn asked about though I would like to try a stamp a majig. I LOVE zing embossing powders
:)

crafty74
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I appreciate your feedback

maxiesmom
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I have the Marvy gun too, have had it for years and it works just fine. Love my Stamp a ma jig, there are certain sets you just really want to be able to get things just so. My niece who was 8 at the time used it 2 years ago when we made Valentine's for her class. Too bad you aren't closer to me, I have a boatload of EP's that I could share with you.

mcourtney
04-23-2012, 11:46 PM
I have the Fiskars easy stamp press and I have the Stamp a ma Jig. Love them both. The Stamp press makes it so easy to get an even stamping and no "double stamping". Awesome with clear, EZ mount and unmounted stamps. But I love the Stamp a ma jig for Mounted stamps. Makes it so easy for placing the stamp exactly where you want it and if you don't get a good stamping the first time you can re-stamp easily. Both tools get lots of use.

crafty74
04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Mary I appreciate your feedback guess I will be purchasing both since I own both wood mounted and unmounted stamps, also I can use a coupon for Michaels and Joanns.