PDA

View Full Version : You'll need tissues for Oprah...

kulakid
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
OMG~ I am bawling, and just had to tell someone! It is all about the rescue of the boy who was missing for 4 years...incredible and amazing...just a warning!!!:wub:

mydogstinks2
01-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I missed the 4 o'clock Oprah I'll try to catch it when it's on again at 10.

lost luggage
01-18-2007, 05:50 PM
You know...something is bothering me about this episode. I saw the preview and I heard about it on the news.

Isn't it too soon??? They were just rescued like yesterday? I don't know about you, but Oprah is kind of leaving a bad taste in my mouth about this one... I am not going to tune in. :(

Erin K
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna watch, but I'll tell ya, if this happens to us, you won't see us on Oprah. I'd just sit home hugging my kids forever.

theprimitivecountrybug
01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
It is so sad. I think I'm glad I missed it. I don't think I'd rush right on to any show so soon though. I'm sure the boy must need some kind of therapy to help him deal with things. At any rate, I'm so glad he's okay. It must give hope to others who may be in that same situation. Sad...... very sad.
Hug up your little ones tonight~ I know I'm going to!
Birgit

kulakid
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I was surprised that this was the show, and yes, surprised that the families chose to do this as well...I would be locked up somewhere,hugging my boys 24/7, not on TV...however, I did tune in, and found it interesting...as sad and devastating as it is, all involved chose to do it, and I thought Oprah handled it okay - not pushing too hard, but asking things that many in the world are curious about...JMO!

Yep, hug your little (and big!) ones tonight!!!!

Erin K
01-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Lisa, he's ok right? I don't want to watch if he's not ok

kulakid
01-18-2007, 07:25 PM
I mean, he's probably not, but physically, he's okay, but looks pretty sad, and a little uncomfortable, but he did speak to Oprah...tears were flowing here!!!:worried:

iloveflipflops
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the warning. I tivo'd it so i will try and watch it later.

stampcrazyjulie
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Dang, I missed it! What I don't understand is the paper said that he was out playing with Friends all of the time & never said a word. He also went out by himself all of the time & even went & got some body piercings....Very strange.

We had a similiar thing happen to Elizabeth Smart here in Utah. It is just so unfathomable!

dgbearsmom
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
You know...something is bothering me about this episode. I saw the preview and I heard about it on the news.

Isn't it too soon??? They were just rescued like yesterday? I don't know about you, but Oprah is kind of leaving a bad taste in my mouth about this one... I am not going to tune in. :(

I have to agree, Julie. It's way too soon. They were rescued last Friday, but still. These people need time to be a family again and that poor kid is going to need some serious counseling. I didn't see the show, but I listen to talk radio on the way home from work and they were talking about it on there. The whole situation just strikes me as inappropriate this soon.

Judy

lost luggage
01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Yes- they indicated that the boys were most likely sexually abused during the time they were with that guy... that is the reason I would not have interviewed them at this time.

Erin K
01-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I watched it. I was totally freaked out as the older guy looks JUST LIKE this kid at church. I mean I've known the kid for years and he looks like his parents and all, but he looks EXACTLY like this kid. It made me feel sick even watching.

I think they handled it pretty well but I think they will regret doing it at this time still.