PDA

View Full Version : How much embellishments are enough???

Patty
06-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I made a card today for my dgs and I wanted to embellish it with a couple of seashells. When-ever I go to Michaels etc I always look at K&Co stuff. You know those borders they sell--5 or 6 strips in a long narrow package---like butterflies or flowers etc? Well whenever they are marked down I usually buy a couple. By now I have quite a load. Think I had one seashell or starfish or crab that would go on a beach? OF COURSE NOT!!!!! If you could see what I already have you'd say that's not possible. I could sell to these stores!!! I give up!!! Does this happen to you???:wacko:

cindi
06-17-2012, 09:56 PM
oh yes..and not just embelies either..it happens with ink, cardstock, ribbon, sayings..ect!! it's the murphys law of crafting..no matter how much you have..you won't have what you need!! I feel for ya
:)

lakeslady
06-18-2012, 06:14 AM
You are so right Cindi I could start my own store with what is in my craft room. I have also found myself downloading digi scrap booking embellishments too.
Why? Well with the vast increases of postal charges especially for anything like 3D I have started to embellish with "faux" flowers etc. What are we like? Still we are helping the economy.......right?

Paula Carden
06-18-2012, 06:27 AM
It all sounds very familar. Of course even if I do have it I have to search and search through so much stuff.
Once again, I need to take a few days and get organized again. Happens so often when I make a lot of cards.

penelope
06-18-2012, 08:11 AM
All stampers should be entitled to lower postage, then we could use up our embellishments!!!- Nancy

Christie
06-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Happens to me too. I haven't shopped for crafty goods in a long time. I haven't really Played in my craft room in a while but that's going to change now that I'm not working!!

Patty
06-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Phew---at least I'm normal!!! I went to Michael's today looking for seashell or crab etc bellies--NONE!!! They must have read my posting here and took them all off the shelves!