PDA

View Full Version : trouble with uploads

Kreative Dryve
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
lately the gallery has been giving me an error message about the file limit.
all my cards are the same size, and I use the same program, when I scan and save. It will take some but not the others, and they are all the same size. I have tried the download you suggested, but it is not compatable with my windows. Any suggestions??
I have even tried to scan at smaller sizes, but no help. Thanks -MJ

LJ-BRONS1
01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
I always have to go in and edit and resize my cards before I upload them here..about 150 KB...

Kreative Dryve
01-18-2007, 11:16 PM
this is the only site I get the message from. -MJ:arghh:

Sherry
01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi MJ,

The maximum file size for photos on this website is 250kb. If your file size is over this size, it will not upload correctly.

The reason why I have restricted the file size to 250kb is because the Stamp Shack is personal website completely funded out of my own pocket. I only have so much space aloted to me on the server so, in order to make sure I stay on budget and to ensure that my webspace doesn't fill too quickly, I must limit file sizes. I just don't have the budget that twopeas and splitcoast have. So sorry.

I hope you find a solution to your uploading woes.

Kreative Dryve
01-18-2007, 11:50 PM
actually just the opposite.
Here is my example....
just scanned 4 new cards tonight, went to upload, 2 were accepted, and the other two were not, they are all the normal card size. I am just asking why, would two be okay, and the others are not. Any suggestions? MJ

Swanie78
01-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Its probably got more to do with the file size than the actual size.
It usually works best to size the cards at 400-500 pixels and save the file at less than 150k.
My guess would be that you are probably sizing them all the same, but that the file size is being randomly saved. The two that uploaded might be 120k(or whatever #) while the other two might be sized larger.
Does that make sense?

Kreative Dryve
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
no not really, why would it size the same card differently? this is the same program I have been using forever, and I just recently started having problems with the image upload. maybe I'll try a different program. Thanks MJ

Sherry
01-19-2007, 07:39 AM
actually just the opposite.
Here is my example....
just scanned 4 new cards tonight, went to upload, 2 were accepted, and the other two were not, they are all the normal card size. I am just asking why, would two be okay, and the others are not. Any suggestions? MJ

Hi MJ,

Your problem definitely sounds like a file size issue. Let me try to explain how all of this works.

All of the gallery accounts are based on usergroup permissions. This means that everyone in the same usergroup as you (Shack Member) have the exact same settings. Account permissions are created based on your group membership and are not created on an individual basis. Because you have the same account settings as the rest of the Shack Members, there isn't anything "wrong" with your account. If there were anything wrong, all other Shack Members would be experiencing the same issues.

Even though you are scanning your files at the same dimensional size, this does not mean that the file size for all of your scans will be the same. The file size depends on a number of different factors such as the area being scanned, the resolution of the scanner, and the color depth, or number of bits assigned to each pixel.

If you are able to upload some files but experience trouble with others, then we have to assume that your file size is too large on the photos that are not uploading, especially if you are receiving filesize error messages upon uploading. Just out of curiousity, what version of windows are you running? Perhaps there is an image resizing program that I can find for you.

Kreative Dryve
01-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Sherry!
That makes more since to me, when you explain it that way.
I figured out a better way to do it, I am just using another program I have.
MJ